What's new

3GS iTunes error 21

Scoobie13 said:
Just over a year. Does hardware issue mean the board is scap.

It just means its a hardware issue. What it is exactly, I don't know.

It may not even be a hardware issue...but it sounds like it to me. Just satin

Would have to have an iPhone repair place take a look at it or something.

@zig9449 I'm not sure why you keep saying not to edit the hosts file because I have got iPhones out of recovery and dfu loop by creating a stitched ipsw or a custom ipsw from redsnow and then pointing my host file to cydia. And it works all the time for me. Editing the hosts file can still play a part in fixing iPhones if you know how to use it correctly.

tortelliniguy said:
@zig9449 I'm not sure why you keep saying not to edit the hosts file because I have got iPhones out of recovery and dfu loop by creating a stitched ipsw or a custom ipsw from redsnow and then pointing my host file to cydia. And it works all the time for me. Editing the hosts file can still play a part in fixing iPhones if you know how to use it correctly.

You don't ever need to edit the host file to point to Saurik's server.

All you need is Tiny Umbrella for that.

That is why I stress to never modify the host file...because it's just a waste time.

It's just not needed anymore. Tiny Umbrella already puts a modified his file in etc.

If you edit the host file with Tiny Umbrella installed, you'll just have 2 modified host files.

It's more then unnecessary to change anything in the host.

There is absolutely no reason to modify the host file. Especially if your are restoring to an ipsw stitched with blobs.

A modified host file is used for restoring to stock firmware...or just firmware that does not have SHSH stitched in.

And if you do need to restore to older stock firmware then just start TSS in Tiny Umbrella.

Is there anyway to try downgrading without saved shsh blobs. I have seen on the post where people have had error 21 they have restored on 4.1 and it fix there error.