What's new

IPhone 4 Messages

sfisher0118

Reaction score
Okay, I've been having issues with my IPhone 4 messages lately. People have been telling me that when I text them they are either not getting it or it will come up as my e-mail address. When I called Verizon and asked them what was wrong they told me to go to Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive. They said that there should be something that says, "You can be reached at...." and that it should say my phone number (it didn't but does now). They also said there should be something that says, “Start new conversations with..." and it doesn't say that. I don't have that section. The Verizon lady told me that it's weird and to contact Apple, but when I called them they said I needed to pay either 69.99 or 19.99 in order for them to help me, and I don't feel like giving them that money. So if someone could help me that would be truly amazing!! Thank you in advance.

Hello, that's strange as "Start new conversations from" should be underneath "You can be reached at" One thing you could do is to go to Contacts and see if your own phone number is in there, if it isn't put it in and see if that does it.

ok, try this- General-Rest-Reset all Settings, don't worry, doing this will not erase anything.