What's new

iPhone 4 Launches in 17 More Countries

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Australia-launch.jpg

The iPhone 4 has today been launched in 17 more countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, HongKong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. It's already sold out in New Zealand, where the Wall Street Journal reports that hundreds of customers were turned away, and Vodafone sold out of its entire stock allocation in hours. Over in Sydney, Australia, where Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland turned up for the launch festivities, the Sydney Morning Herald reported another interesting development, namely the fact that Australians did not appear to be having the same "death grip" antenna woes as their American cousins, and the South China Morning Post reported the same in Hong Kong. Very interesting. Maybe this is an updated version of the iPhone 4 with an antenna fix? It's certainly a bit of a mystery, hopefully one that we'll find out more about in the next few days.

Source: Wall Street Journal, Sydney Morning Herald, South China Morning Post

Good.. maybe my friend in Sweden can get one and we can Facetime..

I was third in line at Future Shop at Heartland store, looking for a 32gb iPhone. Thought I had a good chance of getting what I wanted. Wrong!
They had a total of 13 iPhones, of which 2 were 32gb, and the first two bought them.
I don't know what the point was having people running around trying to get the product. The 3G I was replacing was ordered on line at Rogers, and was painless. Not so this time.

Rant over.

I was third in line at Future Shop at Heartland store, looking for a 32gb iPhone. Thought I had a good chance of getting what I wanted. Wrong!
They had a total of 13 iPhones, of which 2 were 32gb, and the first two bought them.
I don't know what the point was having people running around trying to get the product. The 3G I was replacing was ordered on line at Rogers, and was painless. Not so this time.

Rant over.

Welcome to the forum! :)

so they had 13 iphones 2 32GB so you bought them both? and the 3g was ordered online? so what was the problem? i dont get it ?

I guess you didn't understand my post.
I was third in line, and the two guys in front of me bought the only two 32GB iPhones available. I didn't want a 16GB.
Two years ago when the 3G was sold, you could order it on line from the seller Rogers. This time they were selling them in the stores only, and had minimal quantities.
I will wait until the rush is over and then buy exactly what I want. Until then I will have to be satisfied with my 3G.

I guess you didn't understand my post.
I was third in line, and the two guys in front of me bought the only two 32GB iPhones available. I didn't want a 16GB.
Two years ago when the 3G was sold, you could order it on line from the seller Rogers. This time they were selling them in the stores only, and had minimal quantities.
I will wait until the rush is over and then buy exactly what I want. Until then I will have to be satisfied with my 3G.

i guess i did not. i do now thanks for explaining. so this year they wanted every one to stand outside the store and say wow look how many want it from us.

but the limited iphones that sucks. especially when your 3rd in line and cant get what you want. 16gb? i would not settle for that either. 32GB all the way!

the 3g is good also. as long as your happy with it, but i dont think the rush will go for a few months and by the time every one gets their hands on one. was th wait @ apple store longer?

Hey Kelly. Don't be like all the other celebtards who get an iPhone when they come out and go back to their BlackBerry addiction within weeks.

I'm from Malaysia but Singapore already released but they r selling with too expensive. I been waited until my neck as long as a giraffe. Don't know WHEN it will release in Malaysia.