What's new

IPhone 4 keeps switching off!

bennyboy77

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a problem with my Iphone 4 which started yesterday!

I dropped my phone on the floor (only slightly, no worse than I have before!) and when I picked it back up it had switched off. I turned it back on and it worked fine but only for a short amount of time before it turned off again. This happened several times, the time it stayed on getting shorter each time. It then got to a stage where the phone would switch on but only the Apple logo would appear.

From advice on other forums it was decided that the best option was to restore back to my original settings. I proceeded to do this and when the phone was plugged into my computer it switched on ok and worked fine. The restore was completed successfully however when I unplugged the phone from the laptop it turned off after half a minute or so.

I then plugged it in to my wall charger and again it turned on and worked fine whilst plugged in to the charger. One thing I noticed this time though was that it is saying that the sign on the battery is saying fully charged. However, the battery is now slowly deminishing.

Maybe I need a new battery or could it be something else?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Ben

Sounds like your battery is loose and making a poor connection.