What's new

iPhone 4 turning on and off. not passing apple logo

henda11

Reaction score
Last night i went to bed, and my iPhone was pefectly ok, working etc. But when i awoke this morning it wasn't switched on so i thought oh the battery must of died so i put it on charge and it didnt come on, so i tried recovery mode and it went to the emergency calls only thing. But when i plug it into the wall socket it comes on, and then goes off sometimes. as soon as i take it off the wall socket plug it goes off straight away. but when i go on the pc and plug it into the usb it doesnt get the past the apple logo, it keeps restarting all of the time, so it seems like a hardware failure, as it looks like its stuck in a loop.

advice?.

Last edited:
I think it's just corrupt software. Restore it and you have to get it out of that loop. It took me 30 mins to fix a 3GS that ha this problem. Plug the phone in. And turn it off. I believe by holding the power and home button. When it's off. Put the phone into recovery mode etc.. If you don't know how google it ! I hope I could help :). Good luck.

I think it's just corrupt software. Restore it and you have to get it out of that loop. It took me 30 mins to fix a 3GS that ha this problem. Plug the phone in. And turn it off. I believe by holding the power and home button. When it's off. Put the phone into recovery mode etc.. If you don't know how google it ! I hope I could help :). Good luck.

Problem is, as soon as i plug it into the pc it loads the apple logo then resets so it doesnt give me a chance to do the restore :(

when i remove any source of power it goes off and wont turn on.

I'm having the exact same problem! My phone was working fine and then the battery had died. When I plug into the wall charger it gives a weird screen saying "slide to setup" where the "slide to unlock" part is. And then when I slide it, it immediately says connect to itunes. As soon as I take it off the wall charger it cuts off and wont power back on. Then when i connect it to the computer to try to go through it iTunes it just repeats the apple logo turning on and off? I don't understand why this is happeneing and how to fix it. it's so frustrating! And iTunes won't let me restore , I keep getting error3194!

I think you should replace your iPhone battery because now it seems like it doesn't work well anytime so you should replace it and I hope now your device is working well and charging correctly although if you are in trouble so now you need to contact to your retailer where from you purchase this phone.

Just plug in the phone to computer connected to ITunes. Hold down home and off button simultaneously for at leat 20 seconds.