What's new

Iphone 4 JailBreaking For Dummies

ProfessorJordan

Reaction score
I see that it is now legal to jailbreak your iphone 4,Im new to the whole jailbreak thing,can i please have some help and the link to download jailbreak software.thanks

Many of us are awaiting that link. Be patient, the jailbreak is bound to be out soon. Keep checking back on the forum, it will announce it when it happens, whether it's on the homepage or the Jailbreak forum

iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials has some good tutorials

obviously it does not have the iphone 4 yet but once you know how to jailbreak any other firmware and device its pretty much same for all iphones... just they change name of tools apart from pwnage tool thats stayed the same though its for mac only pwnage tool.. any way have a look you might like it.. i found it very helpfull when i was first starting to jailbreak

it will be released on Sunday accounding to this news blog :)

"Comex today has posted on his twitter account the estimated release date of the new spirit jailbreak for iPhone 4/3GS (New boot), he mentioned that he will publish the new spirit jailbreak tool at the next Sunday if it completed (It is in final phase), this will fire the competition with the new Limera1n jailbreak. "

Source:New Spirit Jailbreak for iPhone 4/3GS Release Date - Geohot

I'm not in any huge hurry to jailbreak. The two main reasons I jailbroke my 3G back in the day was so I could use skype over 3G and so I could tether to my laptop, which couldn't be done before, but can now with skype in its current configuration and with the HandyLight app.

Oh, but the free cracked apps from hackulous were nice too... I miss that.

Homer

free cracked apps is nice for us, but what about the developer who spends all that time making the app or game who deserves to get paid for his/her app ;p

apart from tomtom which is a ripp off and should be cracked lol

free cracked apps is nice for us, but what about the developer who spends all that time making the app or game who deserves to get paid for his/her app ;p

True. I mostly liked hackulous for sticking it to the man. I have no problem buying relatively cheap apps from small developers. Like Nick Lee's "Handy Light", for example.

Homer

PS: How the hell do you have 1360 posts since June? Wow!

True. I mostly liked hackulous for sticking it to the man. I have no problem buying relatively cheap apps from small developers. Like Nick Lee's "Handy Light", for example.

Homer

PS: How the hell do you have 1360 posts since June? Wow!

saying that i used to dl every app from installous no matter which dev or app it was.. but with the 4 ive gone legit lol..

i signed up a few days after i pre ordered and i got an email telling me about this forum so i thought id try it and i was posting non stop 24/7 for a while lol

Just a quick question.....

I just got my new iPhone and I have not updated the software yet. Still have the 4.0.0. Should I wait for the Jailbreak to come out or should I go ahead and update my phone to the 4.0.1. Thanks

Just a quick question.....

I just got my new iPhone and I have not updated the software yet. Still have the 4.0.0. Should I wait for the Jailbreak to come out or should I go ahead and update my phone to the 4.0.1. Thanks

if you want to jailbreak its advised you wait :)

Jailbreak isnt out. This is the first ive heard about the supposed comex release date. Sunday would be great but thats wishful thinking. Also, you can upgrade if you want to ONLY if you back up your shsh blobs via tinyumbrella. That way if the newly released jailbreak requires 4.0, then you can always downgrade. But myself and most people will wait with 4.0. Nothing special with 4.0.1

Lol he said Sunday but could be earlier or later depending on when it's ready... Why even bother mentioning Sunday? Either way, it's coming soon!

where site for jailbreak software,so i can keep checking,i want info on all what the jailbreaking does.does it enable free tethering????

Last edited: