What's new

Iphone 4 JailBreaking For Dummies

i had a friend that did the update, and now he cant jailbreak his phone,i wouldnt update it.just jailbreak it.but i think apple blocked jailbreakme.com

i had a friend that did the update, and now he cant jailbreak his phone,i wouldnt update it.just jailbreak it.but i think apple blocked jailbreakme.com

well yes that was the reason apple did the update... to block the jalbreak. so if you care about jb. hold off updating

well yes that was the reason apple did the update... to block the jalbreak. so if you care about jb. hold off updating

if jailbreak is legal,then why can apple block it?

if jailbreak is legal,then why can apple block it?

because they are idiots. they dont care if its legal they will try block it still, being legal changes nothing for apple it still voids any warranty

jailbreakme.com does not work any longer. I tried to jailbreak my iphone 3gs 4.0, and safari won't access the website. I tried all the day today but it won't work. I don't know what's wrong but I think someone blocked that website. Please show me any other alternative to jailbreak my iphone if there is any. My operating system 4.0 was pre-installed before I bought my iphone. Thanks

are you sure your on 4.0.1? and not 4.0.2?

I have not updated my 3gs. It is 4.0 (8A293). The thing is that the website jailbreakme.com is not accessible from my iphone by using safari. Either the website server is overloaded or is out of service.

There is a known problem with the website at the moment. It's not working for anybody.

As you have a 3GS you can still JB easily by using Custom Firmware. Just google 3GS 4.0 Custom Firmware and off you go. The Xsellize Forums or Sinfuliphone Forum have Guides and download links.

If you have a Mac then you can use Pwnage tool to create the firmware yourself. Get that from DevTeam' website.

Hope that helps