What's new

iphone 4 jailbreak and unlock from usa

richy

Reaction score
Hi
im new to this thread so bit unfamilier with everything. I recently bought an iphone 4 from the usa whilst on holidays, it had been registered and used by a person from the usa with at+t. the sim card was already inside but had the the NO SIGNAL logo at the top left hand side. I checked the firmware which said it was version 4.1(8B117) and modem firmware 02.10.04. I have jailbroken it using limera1n and cydia installed, but still it says NO SIGNAL. I have now put a micro sim card from my provider with the same number i use inside the iphone but getting a message sim invalid.
I have tried numerous jailbreak unlock 4.1 firmware but nothing seems to work, even tried to downgrade firmware but nothing has happened, im totally baffled.
Is there any new hacking software for the recent upgrade to 4.1 ( which i didnt do).

welcome! un fortunately for you there is no unlock tool for 4.1 atm only jailbreak so you are stuck with out until they release something

Hi thanks for the reply, have you heard anything thats coming out in the near future that would unlock it?

someone said in one month but i dont know where did the guy get that information from.

someone said in one month but i dont know where did the guy get that information from.

if you meant my post when i guessed in a month, it was a guess nothing more, since they found a vulnerability in the new firmwares baseband, its just a matter of time before they release a tool. i guessed next month because apple will release 4.2 next month so they dont close the hole and have an unlock, but who knows it could be tomorrow it could be today anything atm is just a guess. but we know they have a way to unlock the new baseband.

Hi thanks for the reply, have you heard anything thats coming out in the near future that would unlock it?

^^

if you meant my post when i guessed in a month, it was a guess nothing more, since they found a vulnerability in the new firmwares baseband, its just a matter of time before they release a tool. i guessed next month because apple will release 4.2 next month so they dont close the hole and have an unlock, but who knows it could be tomorrow it could be today anything atm is just a guess. but we know they have a way to unlock the new baseband.

^^
good to know, thanks