What's new

iPhone 4 iOS 5 exploitable???

Lorr_B

Reaction score
Recently my jail broken iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1 has been acting weird. Started when I got taken in to the police. They took my stuff and handed my phone back, now most of the time the lock screen background doesn't show it's just black.

Then I logged onto a small chain restaurants wifi and stuff like airplane mode and Bluetooth turned on by it's self.

Now just today I left my iPhone on wifi for an hour at the library, went to turn off wifi on the notification drop down and Bluetooth and 3G was enabled. I know I didn't do that.

What's going on? Backdoor? Exploit? I assume the cops broke in to check my iPhone, but they wouldn't do all this.

I suspect my ex or her friends backdoored it

When the police takes your phone, they'll turn it off. The iOS 5.1 jailbreak is a tethered jailbreak so you have to just boot it if you haven't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I found out yesterday theres an option in SBSettings to always show lock screen background which was turned off.

But it doesn't explain why things like airplane mode, 3G, and Bluetooth turn them selves on when I never turned them on, and never use them. In fact the iPhone isn't even hooked up to a cell plan at all and I don't have anything bluetooth, and don't need 3G or airplane mode.

They turn on every once and a while when I hit a wifi spot. I think they try to turn bluetooth on so they can get near me and access my phone remote. I think I remember something about an iOS 5.1 exploit that let you do that, but its hard to find iOS exploits period due to the miss use of terms people use in jailbreaking.

There was also a cydia related repo exploit but I'm pretty sure that just needed a cydia update.

Local police do not have the foreknowledge to hook up your phone to their PC and try to rip it open. As for this "exploit", how would it be an "exploit" if all its doing is toggling your Bluetooth, 3G and Airplane mode. It's a bug if anything, not an exploit. Upgrade your iOS and this "exploit" will disappear.

Anything that sends specially coded packets and does a payload is an exploit no matter how simple it is. doing the format isn't an option

Looks like you have it all figured out as is then.

Just wondering why this thread was closed!

i reopened this thread as i don't think the op really got an answer.