What's new

Iphone 4 internet not working

mk4eva

Reaction score
iphone is jailbrokin and running ios4.1

when 3g is activated on settings the internet doesnt work at all. but when it is deactivated it does work and runs so slow :(. wifi internet works perfectly.

Sounds like you have a cydia app interfearing with something. Just start unenstalling them and as a last resort restore and rejailbreak.

if i restore will all my photos and music go?

If I turn my mobile data off to save battery, when I turn it back on it doesn't work for about a minute or until it restart my phone.

Have you tried restarting your phone after turning you Internet back on to see if that works?

tried all of that but stil doesnt work. phoned vodaphone they keep on telling me to reset network ect. but it still doesnt work :(. and i did back up my phone my music has gone :'(

also my brother iphone 4 which runs on tesco mobile 3g internet doesnt work. both phones are jailbroken. well mine is kinda of un jailbroken as i restored it :'(

Hey I know the solution!
You should try to get off the sim card for 5 seconds and than:
Settings->General->Network->Cellular data(on)
you don't have cellular data open button right now.But when u get off the sim card and put it back the button appears.(sory for bad English)

Try my solution I have called my operator like you but they told me reset network setting etc.Not only on my iPhone my friends iPhone has the same problem and my way have worked both of them (iPhones are jailbroken)(Sory for my English)

Last edited:
I had this problem also. My phone isn't jailbroken though. But it looks like now that 3G works but I feel as if EDGE runs faster then 3G as of right now. The 3G seems be pretty intermittent