What's new

internet problem

lanzatrev1

Reaction score
on my iphone 4 i could easily get internet when out and about through 3g
since i upgraded to iphone 5 i can no longer get internet when out and about..it just says no internet connection
i hope i have not lost the ability to access internet when out and about with iphone5?

Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, try resetting your network settings. As a last ditch, backup and restore your device. If all hell breaks loose, set an appointment with the Genius Bar and have them take a look. If you have AppleCare or still under the 1-year warranty, you can get it fixed/replaced.

thanks guys..no issue with my carrier..have reset my network settings to no avail..before i escalate, a little more info..internet works perfect on my iphone 5 from my own wifi at home..just wont respond when i turn it off and it goes to 3g..it used to respond no problem with iphone4..also i have 4g in my settings..no mention of 3g..when i turn 4g off it still doesnt link to internet. finally.. i sold my iphone4 to a freind..this morning i was getting his photos he took on my photostream..have told him to clear that phone but surely that wouldnt affect my 3g would it?

upate..contacted the excellent apple support and that did the trick..and for anyone with a NEW iphone the advice is the same..CARRIER HAVE NOT ACTIVATED 3G..apparantly this happens a lot..just tell the carrier and 5 seconds later all is well phone not even needed in their hands