What's new

iPhone 4 in states question

bry_sh0wtime

Reaction score
My friend is buying me an iphone 4 in states, He said that he is buying me the 16GB worth of 650$, he said that iPhone 4 16GB worth of 650$ is still locked, is that true? or he just don't know if its lock or unlock, He's planning to buy me one and unlock it in the philippines, Because we will meet in the philippines and I live there. My question is that is the iPhone 4 worth of 650$ is already unlock, Or can I use that in any country? And anyone here knows that is there sure unlock in the philippines? Because Im going to use it in different sim cards, Im going to study in saudi arabia, then going back to the philippines for college, please answer me as soon as possible. Thank you.

An unlocked one is £500 in the uk. I don't think you can get an unlocked one from the states? If your planning on using different sims then get an unlocked one. Saves all sorts of hassles and worries...

no in the usa they all come locked to att so you would need to jb and unlock to use in ur countr..

no in the usa they all come locked to att so you would need to jb and unlock to use in ur countr..

Are you sure? Is their already an unlock software for iPhone 4? Does this work in the philippines?

Are you sure? Is their already an unlock software for iPhone 4? Does this work in the philippines?

yes, he is SURE, and no Unlock yet

OMG! But I saw some videos like in iClarified.com, there are some unlock videos, What do you mean there is still no unlock? Im planning to use it in the philippines.

sorry for reposting, but can you please tell me, does this work? iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

it works but NOT if you upgraded to 4.1 officially and have the latest baseband. the only way it can be unlocked is if you upgraded while preserving older baseband

If my friend will buy me an new iPhone 4 16GB worth of 650$ in states, how can we know if its 4.1 or not?

It will have 4.1 maybe even 4.2 now you won't get it with earlier firmware

it works but NOT if you upgraded to 4.1 officially and have the latest baseband. the only way it can be unlocked is if you upgraded while preserving older baseband

If my friend will buy me an new iPhone 4 16GB worth of 650$ in states, how can we know if its 4.1 or not?

It will have 4.1 maybe even 4.2 now you won't get it with earlier firmware

The new iPhone 4's in states are automatically updated to 4.1? If thats the case, Can I downgrade it to 4.0?

The new iPhone 4's in states are automatically updated to 4.1? If thats the case, Can I downgrade it to 4.0?

yes and now 4.2.1.. and no you cant down grade

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyy sh*t. But, do you think there still iPhone 4 4.0 iOS's in california? I wish there is..

it's possible but not from the store. You can try Craigs List or eBay. You should be able to pick one 4.0.2 or 4.0.1 or 4.1 with preserved baseband up to $700