What's new

iphone 4 help

bhota

Reaction score
Hi got a new Iphone 4 (4.1,Baseband 02.10.04) Locked onto Vodafone network. Im on T-mobiles so waiting for the 4.1 unlock. Activated the iphone using vodafone sim (pay as so go) and when i went into setting to see what network and carrier it was it said VODAFONE. JailBroke it using redsnow 0.9.6b2. everything went fine, obviously still cant use my T-mobile sim until the new unlock. But when i put in the vodafone sim back in it does not come up with any network or carrier just says not available under general settings, but did prior to jailbreak. Any help anyone.

Can you get wifi to work? You will need to restore your phone and do the jailbreak again. Unfortunatly restoring your phone will update it to 4.2. You will need to save your SHSH blobs in cydia by pressing the 'make my life easier' button so you can then roll back to 4.1. Do this before restoring in iTunes or you will be stuck on 4.2.

Can you get wifi to work? You will need to restore your phone and do the jailbreak again. Unfortunatly restoring your phone will update it to 4.2. You will need to save your SHSH blobs in cydia by pressing the 'make my life easier' button so you can then roll back to 4.1. Do this before restoring in iTunes or you will be stuck on 4.2.

OK understand that, wifi is working, i have saved my shsh's on cydia and through tiny umbrella. Probably wont restore it until the new 4.1 unlock is out (new to the iphone so dont want to mess up things) But why does it show the network & carrier as "Not available".
Also this iphone came new and sealed on FW 4.1 and Baseband 02.10.04, when i first did the jailbreak on Monday, i did not make a shsh save. Im still on FW 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04, and so when 4.2 was released everyone was saying, save your SHSH file immediately so i have done that. So is this ok, (ihaven't messed anything up by not saving them when i first jailbreaked it?)
Also if i wanted to restore to what it was out of the box (FW 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04) and without the jailbreak, how can that be done. (so at least i can see the vodafone carrier again and get peace of mind)

Last edited:
As long as cydia says it has your blobs saves for 4.1 them thats fine. I think is because you used redsnow. The jailbreaking tools for 4.1 are either greenpoison or limerain. Redsnow may also work but obviously in your case it hasn't. I'd suggest using greenpoison next time. Thats what I used on 4.1.

I just remembered, 4.2 comes with a new baseband also so you will need to preserve yours while you restore. I don't use the unlock, so never done it myself, so cant help you there. Google is your friend on that one.

The unlock for 4.1 on the 4G still hasn't been released and now that 4.2 is out it probably wont be and there will just be an unlock for 4.2. However there is rumor that a 4.3 update is due sometime before christmas so we may see a 4.2 unlock skipped as well. If the 4.3 rumor turns out to be true then I would bet on a post 4.1 baseband unlock wouldn't be here until after the new year...

As long as cydia says it has your blobs saves for 4.1 them thats fine. I think is because you used redsnow. The jailbreaking tools for 4.1 are either greenpoison or limerain. Redsnow may also work but obviously in your case it hasn't. I'd suggest using greenpoison next time. Thats what I used on 4.1.

I just remembered, 4.2 comes with a new baseband also so you will need to preserve yours while you restore. I don't use the unlock, so never done it myself, so cant help you there. Google is your friend on that one.

The unlock for 4.1 on the 4G still hasn't been released and now that 4.2 is out it probably wont be and there will just be an unlock for 4.2. However there is rumor that a 4.3 update is due sometime before christmas so we may see a 4.2 unlock skipped as well. If the 4.3 rumor turns out to be true then I would bet on a post 4.1 baseband unlock wouldn't be here until after the new year...

Thanks for that, ok do i need to uninstall redsnow if so how? Or is it ok to install greenpoison over it? Does the shsh preserve the baseband? If not how do you preserve the baseband?

You will need to restore you phone first. That will delete redsnow but also put you on 4.2. As you have saved your blobs you can roll back to 4.1 though. As for the baseband, it will also be updated so as I already said, you will need to preserve yours while you restore. I don't use the unlock, so never done it myself, so cant help you there. Try or google post up on here...