What's new

No service, please help

heinz

Reaction score
First off, hi to every one on here.
My problem is i've just got a second hand iphone 4 running on 5.0.1 with the modem firmware 04.11.08.
It came with an o2 pay as you go sim, i installed the redsnow 0.9.10b1 and cydia everything went fine untill i tryed putting in the vodafone sim that i got today.
The o2 one works fine but the vodafone one says no service i've been waiting 7hours thinking it will register. I went on to itunes and that says that the sim is not supported.
The model says MC603B which i've read means it's been unlocked.
Also when i spoke to vodafone they said it looked like it had all gone through.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hi.

If it says no service then its not unlocked, its locked to O2. I think the B is that its a refurbished phone if i remember correctly

Its not unlockable right now with that baseband unfortunately. What did vodafone have to say exactly?
By the way, you need to run the newer redsn0w 0.9.10b4 (UNticking "install cydia" this time since its already installed).

Wont fix the sim issue if course but it fixes jailbreak bugs

They said it looked like the sim had gone through the registration process, they told me to ring there service people tomorrow who can unlock them but they never asked for any details ie firmware etc.

heinz said:
They said it looked like the sim had gone through the registration process, they told me to ring there service people tomorrow who can unlock them but they never asked for any details ie firmware etc.

Yeah well the SIM yes it may well be activated but the device got nothing to do with them. Its another carrier's device and its locked to work only with that carrier.

And right now there is no unlock for 4.11.08 baseband. Your only hope at this point is to hassle O2 to no avail to get them to unlock your phone (they do it for a small fee I think).

Thanks for you advise imarilina i'll give them a bell tomorrow.

Just to let you no peeps how i got on, i ended up going to a local phone shop and they sent my phone details to apple who will send an activation code.
O2 said they couldn't do it.

Thanks again for your help

heinz said:
Just to let you no peeps how i got on, i ended up going to a local phone shop and they sent my phone details to apple who will send an activation code.
O2 said they couldn't do it.

Thanks again for your help

That sucks about O2