What's new

iphone 4 has completely died HELPPP (black screen & unresponsive)

jaxon_b

Reaction score
hi guys I'm new to the forum and Im after some help,

Ive got an UK Iphone 4 on o2 which is just over 7 months old purchased as a manufacturers refurbished unit with a 6month warranty.

Ive always kept in case with screen protector (currently in a large rubbery griffin case)

the phone has always worked perfectly up until today when i looked at it half way through the day and it appeared to be switched off which i thought was strange as it had about 70% battery life left this morning so couldn't have been flat so i tried all the usual

plugged into the wall & left to charge ---- no response

plugged into the laptop ----- no response and no i tunes detection

tried holding power and home button for 30 seconds ----- no response

Ive tried entering 'dfu' mode (holding power, then both, then just home) ----- no response

it doesn't even give a sign of life on any of these any help would be great as im just out of my warranty on it :(... always the way!

I'm struggling to work out why it would suddenly stop working the only thing i can think it we are having a hot summer in the UK and have been experiencing temps of +30 degrease C (but i don't think this should affect this)

any help would be great thanks Jackson

Have you considered making a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store? They'll be able to run a diagnostic on it to determine what's wrong. Have you tried calling your phone to see if it rings?

hi there thanks for the reply

yes I've tried calling the phone but i just get answer machine message so assume it is switched off, and no i haven't been down to the apple store the problem happened while i was at work today so i had left it hoping to find answers on the internet this evening,

are the chaps at the genius bar helpful? Ive never been down, Ive always assumed they would charge me an arm and a leg just to look at it and then try and sell me the latest iphone! or am I very wrong with that assumption?

thanks in advance Jackson

hi there thanks for the reply

yes I've tried calling the phone but i just get answer machine message so assume it is switched off, and no i haven't been down to the apple store the problem happened while i was at work today so i had left it hoping to find answers on the internet this evening,

are the chaps at the genius bar helpful? Ive never been down, Ive always assumed they would charge me an arm and a leg just to look at it and then try and sell me the latest iphone! or am I very wrong with that assumption?

thanks in advance Jackson

Genius Bar appointments are free. What can cost is the repair, if needed.

An out of warranty repair would cost approximately $149 for the iPhone 4.