What's new

iphone 4 touch screen unresponsive in specific areas

mmackenzie93

Reaction score
Hi, I recently got my iphone repaired and an issue occurred where the slide to unlock wouldnt work. You would move it a small amount then it would move back to the start. We got the screen replaced twice and it was still doing it. I then realized keys on the keyboard weren't working in the same area. When I went to turn off the phone the slide to power off was also doing the same thing.

It doesnt have this issue all the time, it only seems to happen if you leave the phone untouched for a while. I've tried a restore from back up and restore and set up new phone. None of these have fixed it.

What could be the problem?
Thanks
Mike

This is a hardware issue. And the fact that you say it happens when the device has been left alone, means it is temperature dependent. IE when it cools to room temp it fails. That would indicate that a connector(s) is flexing under contraction due to the temp dropping. I would get someone that knows how to work on the 4, to do a tear down and rebuild paying really close attention to the connector for the digitizer.

My sister had an problem similar to that.
Make sure the replaced LCD/Glass is an original glass or a good clone.
If you're gonna replace it with an "budget LCD/Glass" most of the time this kind of issues will show up.

My sister had it fixed with replacing the screen wth an original apple LCD...
iCreative
Love to hear your feedback