What's new

iPhone 4 hard browser delay, lag (not internet related). + restoring issue

NoLiFe1123

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm an owner of a iPhone4 for about 2 years already and a couple of months ago I started noticing mild lag when browsing some gaming forums or the league of legends official site, but now it started to lag so hard that its barely possible to orientate around the site and typing basic 5-6 letter words take ages, when i do type them up i have to wait about 10+ secs until they apply, moving around the sites delays about 15 secs and when i try to do it twice at a time to pass a bigger part of the site it stops responding and i have to restart my browser and restore my previous sessions which takes a while and mostly is irritating, the rest of the phone doesn't lag at all, only when i just continue to play trial xtreme 2 after its been closed for a while, lags for 5 secs and then stops and works normally.
My phone info: iPhone 4 16gb running jailbroken 4.3.3 with 3gb of space free, so its not overstuffed i believe.

Another problem that i encountered recently is that my phone didn't want to restore at all using iTunes on my PC and my brothers PC, it takes a while to do the whole process so i downloaded iOS 5.1.1 for the right phone model (double checked) and started to restore, it hanged on "Checking restore with Apple" or something like that and gave me an error, mostly it gives me an error (forgot the actual code of the error but i remember i read it had something to do with bad connection cables) so i used another cable and another PC, same error all over again, read that i had to edit my hosts file so i did it, still got the same error, then a friend of mine told me it should work properly on a PC running XP but i have none of that anywhere near me so i never tried it.

The solution to that might be a complete wipe of the phone data but i don't want to risk all of my data for a tiny possibility that it might work, if someone could confirm it would then i'd do it.

Thanks in advance, NoLiFe :)