What's new

iPhone 4 will not finish restore after upgrading to iOS5

Melysa84

Reaction score
I updated my iPhone 4 to the latest software today, and it appeared to work fine without any trouble, however when I unplugged my phone it said something like "unable to finish restore" and then gave me the option to cancel, restore again, or delete backup.

My phone is working fine, although every time I try to plug it in it says that the restore is not complete. I made the mistake of trying to redo the restore and it jumbled up all of my apps and music, and still gave me the same error message after that.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? I really don't want to keep re-restoring it because it is a pain to reorganize all my apps, pics and music. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The best way to do it is too restore. But save all your music in a playlist on itunes and then you can just choose to copy over the entire playlist when you reboot your phone. Also you can re arrange your apps on your actual pc which is a hellava lot quicker.

Okay thanks...I did get it fixed this morning. I couldn't restore it because that particular restore was stuck and would not finish.

For anyone else who had this problem, I had to delete the old backup and create a new one once I had my phone set up the way I wanted it.