What's new

Cant enter #'s for passcode, major lag issues

Piggy

Reaction score
Brand new iphone 4s, up to date\, had it for 1 week. It suddenly started lagging and when I tried to enter my passcode the keys dont work, I have to tap a number multiple times for it to enter but no matter how hard I try the pass code is never correct. In the background I can just barely hear the voice thing talking. Also, the slide bar hardly responds, in general it is lagging. There are odd highlighed boxes around my keys and slidebar. Have tried mupltiple resests, plugged into PC, nothing works???

Is this when you first try to slide it to enter your password? Check the site you have visited and see if something is hung up for what ever reason and try closeing out all app that you are not useing. This will cause you phone to run slow.

Yes, when I first try to slide it, the siri thing is talking to me super fast and repeating everything i touch on the phone. Unfortunately I cant unlock it to close out any apps/pages as Im unable to enter my passcode, the keys just do not respond or do so very, very slowly.

Edit: managed to unlock the phone however there are no pages/apps running and am unable to browse settings because it wont scroll....

Last edited:
Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

Are you sure voice over isn't on? My granddaughter was playing with my phone over the weekend, and turned it on and it wouldn't scroll at all.

I've had exactly the same thing with my 4s - had it since launch day and hadn't had any problems - i was listening to music this morning , and it had 1% battery left.....I plugged it in to charge it , and noticed there was a lag but thought maybe that was because the battery was about to run out - but after charging it for a few hours , the screen was still unresponsive...I've done numerous hard resets etc , but still have the same problem , i.e. it goes to the enter number code screen , then nothing actually works (and it has the thin white lines around the number keys etc )

I'm just restoring from a back up , so hopefully that will resolve it , but I've got a feeling this is going to be a hardware issue

Well restoring from back up worked ...all seems to be ok so far...just hope it doesn't happen again