What's new

Iphone 4 Eating Data

browns_5

Reaction score
We have an Iphone 4 that has been acting up. When making a call no one can hear me and we can't hear them, we are unable to listen to videos, and wifi keeps going off and on. Today we received an email from AT&T saying another GB of data had been added to the line because it had went over. We have 2 GB already on this line. I go back through my email and see I had received one Dec. 28th saying I was over too by a lot on the last billing cycle and another GB had been added. The phone apparently isn't using wifi even though it shows to be working. The phone is never used for than an hour a day on mobile data. That is only to check facebook. Would anyone have any ideas at all as to what could be causing the phone to have these problems?? Any help is greatly appreciated. The phone belongs to my daughter and she dropped it in Sept. and had to have the screen replaced and the home button hasn't worked since. This is when wifi got worse but the speaker, mic and data issue just started this week.

Backup the device and restore it to isolate the situation as a software issue. Next, make sure that tethering is turned off. Tweak the notifications settings and turn off all data fetching. If you're using Facebook, WhatsApp, Skype, or any other applications of the like, either sign out, or close out the process by double tapping the home button to bring up the multitasker, then end the process. This is particular for Facebook, which has had it's base changed to constantly fetch and demand resources for no apparent reason.