What's new

Data

Iphone-4

Reaction score
So i have been watching my data usage for a few days. My phone is fine. But my wife's seems to be using way more data. She only checked the weather app and received 2 emails without attachments. The rest of the usage was in wifi at our house. It says she used 7.1 MB of data for that day. How is that possible?
WIFI is definitely on(well at least it says it is), and all notifications are off. I just don't want to pay a arm and a leg for going over data usage and I'm not sure if the phone has a problem or not. Any idea's?

So i have been watching my data usage for a few days. My phone is fine. But my wife's seems to be using way more data. She only checked the weather app and received 2 emails without attachments. The rest of the usage was in wifi at our house. It says she used 7.1 MB of data for that day. How is that possible?
WIFI is definitely on(well at least it says it is), and all notifications are off. I just don't want to pay a arm and a leg for going over data usage and I'm not sure if the phone has a problem or not. Any idea's?

Check location services and see if they are on or off. I believe that uses data to track where you are. Also make sure email settings aren't set to fetch or push and set your settings to manually fetch for email or else it will continue searching for email all day. When not using apps make sure you cancel them from the multitask screen.

Hope this helps. Maybe others can chime in.

Also, be sure you are checking the actual plan not just the data tally on the phone. I use the AT&T app it's the best way to check usage.