What's new

iPhone 4 crashed, apps disappeared... they're back but...

VMonk

Reaction score
Today my iPhone crashed it didn't want to turn on,
then i plugged it in the computer and started again,
once its completely loaded i saw the battery was normal but 90% of my icons/apps disappeared!
6 hours later those icons returned! now they're all white but they still work...

anyone know whats going on?

That sounds really crazy. I would try a reboot.... Then if that doesn't fix it restore. As a last resort if you are still having issues call apple or visit your local apple store!

man i tried a reboot, power off and on... i dont want to restore but we'll see what happens maybe itll go back to normal in another 6 hours haha

what apps??
my bugspray app and sb settings icons just come and go as they please
just wonderring if its the same ones

its pretty much all my random apps lol i looked at them and tried to figure out if it was because it was only game apps or others but its all of them..

guh my apps are gone again... kk full restore

ive got almost the same.. but this time i cannot use my iphone ... cuz its always shows the apple and off and apple and off .. help me...

damn.. did u try just holding the home button for 10secs? i gave up on my issue and i cant restore so i just reinstalled everything..

y don't u try for hard reset.....

banner.png

Has anyone noticed that if you lose your apps, or JB and lose your apps, they are sometimes lost due to being in a different 'mobile applications' folder?
Users/(username)/My Music/iTunes/ <--- here there can be two folders:
1) iTunes Media (this has another Mobile Applications folder where your missing apps might be)
2) Mobile Applications (this typically contains the apps that iTunes finds)
If this is the case, copy the missing apps from folder 1 to folder two and then in iTunes > Library > Apps, right-click on each application with an exclamation mark (!) next to it and select Get Info.
iTunes should then recognize the app and a sync will restore it.

Hope this helps, for those of you who have this specific problem. :)