What's new

Iphone 4 Case that works with screen protectors?

trauzti

Reaction score
I wanna use back and front screen protector, but still be able to use a case, many cases ruin the screen protectors, any nice ones that you know that are compatible?

I have used multiple cases and no issues, yes you have to put them on carefully and not take em on and off all the time, but other then that I have not noticed any problems. The cases that I have used are the once that they have available by the bumper case application.

How 'bout a case that comes WITH front-back screen protection. I installed the Otterbox Defender a few days ago, and am very pleased. Screen remains responsive and clear through the built-in screen protector. Back and sides and... well, everywhere seems exceedingly well protected.

The case definitely makes the iPhone4 a lot bigger and a little heavier, but my first cell phone weighed seven pounds and had a handset on a wire... this well-protected iPhone 4 is definitely not too big for me.

The case also probably removes use of any desktop cradle - won't likely fit. But on the other hand it includes nice protective flaps over that charging connector, as well as other places on the phone that could get dirty or wet and cause trouble. I've dropped it once, and it landed with a very comforting squishy and gentle thud on a hard floor.

Only a few days so far, but so far very, very pleased.

Griffin, Reveal Etch, I am using it now with back and front protectors.

defender series from otterbox,and i have a water proof case that i put that into if iam in a wet area,

Have heard of the invisible protector made by ZAGG? I think that would be a great solution for you.

Ive got a "speck" case that works very well with protecter

I had a Zagg full coverage shield on my iPhone 4 and then bought an Otterbox Defender. It fit fine but I did not like the poor interaction between the Zagg covered face and the face shield on the Defender. It left watermarks all the time despite the Baby Powder treatment. So... I just, carefully, removed the built in shield from the Defender. Now I have the best of both worlds. Full Zagg coverage plus the unbeatable protection of the Otterbox.

I dropped my iphone4 and the glass screen shattered. Now I have the Otterbox Defender case. Yukonron what waterproof case do you have that works with the Otterbox case?
Hal

I had a Zagg full coverage shield on my iPhone 4 and then bought an Otterbox Defender. It fit fine but I did not like the poor interaction between the Zagg covered face and the face shield on the Defender. It left watermarks all the time despite the Baby Powder treatment. So... I just, carefully, removed the built in shield from the Defender. Now I have the best of both worlds. Full Zagg coverage plus the unbeatable protection of the Otterbox.

yeah, that's what I heard too..the Defender should not be used with a screen protector..it already has a hard protector..and you'll get those water marks if you use one..there's a YT video of this..

Hairkent....I have a Defender case which I put in a another case from a company called Overboad. It's a plastic sleeve with an O-Ring seal, and performs as advertised - waterproof, and it floats. I use it when I'm out in my kayak.

You need to get the large model, and it's a tight fit, but with patience it works fine. The touch screen works fine through it, and the camera also works. I got mine on Amazon for about half price - around $20 I think.

Thanks! I do a lot of bicycling and camping. This sounds like a good solution for when I get cought in the rain.

I have a screen protector on my iPhone and have no problem using it under my Otterbox case.

Thanks again for the information.
Hal

PS. Walmart has Otterbox cases $5.00 cheaper than AT&T.

Last edited:
Candy shell worked great but gave it up because of flaking. Now I love my Otterbox commuter and it works well with my full body Zagg.

Marc