What's new

iPhone 4 Case Review Thread

I ordered two cases from Case-mate cause I wasn't sure which way to go. I got the Vroom: black, tire tread back and also the Gelli: clear. After trying to install both provided screen protectors, failing to get them on obstruction free and throwing them away I worked with both cases. I like the look of the Vroom case more but there were a couple things I didn't like about it. First, like others have said, it's a little loose, not much but a little. It also has a higher profile edge so when you sweep your finger laterally to move screens and such, you 'crash' into the rubber on either side more than the Gelli. Lastly, it's a very tacky rubber, so dust and fibers cling to it. While it was on, I used the provided cleaning cloth on the face of my phone and I found I was pushing dust to the edge of the screen where it meets the case and it was collecting there. It looked like from there, it might migrate into the case edge and do damage to the phone face under the case edge.

The Gelli has a lower profile and is less tacky so it's on my phone, but only till I find something I like. :)

I ordered a carbon fiber case from a company called Infinity Carbon,kind of pricey,but it looked cool enough for me to to pull the trigger.The one I am getting will have a chrome Apple logo on the back.
Infinity Carbon

iphone4gloss-12.jpg
iphone4gloss-8.jpg

Well, we ordered 2 Fommy.com cases and received them today. Now I have a case but no phone yet! I'll have to report back when my husband gets home and we can try them on his phone. They seem servicable but I will probably find a more permanent one after I actually have my phone, hopefully soon. We ordered This one and This one. The argyle style one has a nice feel to it, tacky enough to not slide around but not overly grippy or sticky. The bright orange one is more rubbery feeling on the bumpy parts but the smooth parts are not sticky at all, very smooth.

Over all they seem worth $10 and will protect the phones until we find better cases, but I'm glad we didn't spend more on them.

ETA: The orange silicone case is not very good, loose fit and just feels cheap. The orange color is also much different than the picture, more of a lighter orangesicle color. The argyle soft gel case is much better, fits nice and snug and has a good feel in the hand, and the orange color is more like the picture (kind of a burnt orange that matches my Honda Element). My husband is returning his orange silicone case and ordering one like mine in a different color.

Last edited:
I bought a bumper from Amazon. It's clear and I can't really compare it to the normal Apple bumper but it's pretty sweet.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Transparent-Bumper-Crystal-iPhone/dp/B003VLY4H0/ref=sr_1_21?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279064167&sr=1-21]Amazon.com: Clear Transparent Bumper Pure Crystal Soft Gel TPU Skin Case Cover for the Apple iPhone 4 4G 16GB 32GB:…[/ame]

I feel like I've stumbled on a pretty solid stow here. I have the Clear Gelli case from CaseMate and married it with a generic clip-on CaseLogic holster. I have a pair of rather expensive Bose earbuds that I sport all day for music and communication so putting the phone in my pocket is cumbersome as everytime I take it out I'm stressing the earbud cord as well as myself. :)

With this combination, the phone is well protected in the holster and in my hand. While in the holster, the Gelli keeps the face of the phone a safe distance from the soft leather interior, I have ready access to my volume buttons while holstered and my cord is 'hangin' loose'. In addition, since I always have the earbuds plugged in, if I do drop the phone, it'll probably swing like a monkey and never hit the floor. It's the trifecta of safety! LOL I'm gonna roll with this for awhile.

Attachments

• $phone case 002.jpg
    $phone case 002.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 455
  • $phone case 003.jpg
    $phone case 003.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 459
I feel like I've stumbled on a pretty solid stow here. I have the Clear Gelli case from CaseMate and married it with a generic clip-on CaseLogic holster. I have a pair of rather expensive Bose earbuds that I sport all day for music and communication so putting the phone in my pocket is cumbersome as everytime I take it out I'm stressing the earbud cord as well as myself. :)

With this combination, the phone is well protected in the holster and in my hand. While in the holster, the Gelli keeps the face of the phone a safe distance from the soft leather interior, I have ready access to my volume buttons while holstered and my cord is 'hangin' loose'. In addition, since I always have the earbuds plugged in, if I do drop the phone, it'll probably swing like a monkey and never hit the floor. It's the trifecta of safety! LOL I'm gonna roll with this for awhile.

Looks nice!

SGP Leather Skin Guard

f07u.jpg

f08e.jpg

I really love this skin. It's not really thick so that it can be used with other cases but it's also thick enough to feel study. It makes the iphone feel very luxurious. It also comes with a clear screen guard and the feel of the guard is somewhat close to iphone's very screen and it seems to resist some finger prints. My only gripe with the screen is that the cut out parts seem to have air bubbles around it no matter how good I align it but it's very minor and I think I can live with it.

Switcheasy Nude Case

This case is very minimalistic and, thus, provide very little protection. I've chosen the clear case but now I regret for not going with the white. The clear case shows a small hint of rainbow effect but where it touches the back of the iphone the effect is more visual and unpleasant. Going with colored cases should have this problem of course. At $19.99, they give you two screen protectors, two sets of earphone and dock protectors and the case itself. Other than my wrong choice of color, I'm very satisfied with the case.

f03k.jpg

f06q.jpg

f05.jpg

f02q.jpg

Last edited:
rocking the GrafiXpressions Band overlays with an Orange apple replacement logo....

iphone4_grfxp_bandcolorlays3.jpg

SGP Leather Skin Guard

f07u.jpg

I really love this skin. It's not really thick so that it can be used with other cases but it's also thick enough to feel study. It makes the iphone feel very luxurious. It also comes with a clear screen guard and the feel of the guard is somewhat close to iphone's very screen and it seems to resist some finger prints. My only gripe with the screen is that the cut out parts seem to have air bubbles around it no matter how good I align it but it's very minor and I think I can live with it.

I love this skin :) maybe i will use it with the vapor one when i receive it

I tried on one of the Incipio Silicrylic case at my AT&T store when I went in to have my contacts transfered and I really liked it. The silicone part fit very snugly but was easy to put on and the shell had a really nice feel to it. Together they felt good in my hand and seemed like they would provide good protection. Looked pretty nice too. I just didn't want either of the colors they had. I'm kind of waiting for the Speck Candyshell cases to come into stock, until then I'll use my $10 Fommy case. It's decent temporary protection, but not what I want long term.