What's new

iPhone 4 Case Review Thread

Well, I needed a case right now and I didn't feel like waiting till July for the bumper case so I cancelled the bumper order and got myself a Griffin case (Reveal). It has a clear hard plastic back and thin rubber around the sides with precise cuts for the buttons and holes. This case doesn't add much bulk to the phone and has a slim profile but that also means that it's not much protective and it may or may not prevent the iphone from shattering should the inevitable drop happen, but I've no doubt that it will still lessen the impact and I like that it keeps the slim profile of the iphone 4 intact. This won't be my main case and I'm waiting till more cases come out with more variety but till then I'll be very happy with this case.

Eagerly awaiting Piel Frama's expanded offerings I would guess coming next month. I do so love fine leather (very expensive though!) Will probably also pick up an Otter Box or two (Defender and Commuter.) In the meantime I'll 'settle' for an Incipio that I'll pick up at AT&T because it's available just to protect phone for now.

Has anyone used the leather skin from Zagg on an iPhone?

They look nice, but I wouldn't think there would be much protection in a drop.
I've been using the inexpensive (< $5) rubber cases from Merit and can't really complain, but I'm tired of plain black. :)

Incipio is what I have right now. It's a very nice slim case with very strong edges. My two problems with the case would be no screen protection nor dust ( in my case sand ) protection.
My AT&T store will have the Otter box on sale Tuesday. It will add bulk to the iPhone buy i know it will be protected.

I bought myself a Black dermaSHOT® Silicone Case for my iPhone 4 at Wal-Mart. It fits really well and looks good. I'm using it until I find the cover I really want.

I like to have some kind of silicon case on phone and use a leather case on my belt to carry it in. Not big on putting it in my pocket. Anyone know of a nice leather holder/case that is big enough to hold a phone with a case on it?

I am waiting for CaseCrown to announce their iPhone 4 cases. I have one I used on my 3g and I really liked it.

I like to have some kind of silicon case on phone and use a leather case on my belt to carry it in. Not big on putting it in my pocket. Anyone know of a nice leather holder/case that is big enough to hold a phone with a case on it?

I personally think a man shouldn't holster anything on his belt unless it's 1. a gun, 2. utility tools.

I have tested a number of cases now - I would avoid the ones that are clear plastic at the back - especially the Griffin reveal as this messes up your phones flash and wont give you good quality pictures

A rubber/silicon/leather case is prob the best to go with

Personally i feel screen protectors diminish the clarity of the beautiful iphone screen and may have even limit its sensetivity (although i have not really experienced this first hand)

I myself have opted for the gear4 blackice - this is by the far the only case ive found that offers complete protection with its built in screen protectors. Yes it can leave bubbles and the screen clarity will not be as good without the case but for outdoor travel its by far the best - i simply take it out of the case when im in a safe environment !

Hope this helps

I have tested a number of cases now - I would avoid the ones that are clear plastic at the back - especially the Griffin reveal as this messes up your phones flash and wont give you good quality pictures

How does it mess up the flash when it's completely open?

I have the Otterbox Defender for my 3Gs and it is great when maximum protection is necessary (I work in an environment with a cement floor and my Otterbox has protected the phone in hard falls onto the concrete.) I go with more than one case because I don't always need this level of protection. InvisibleShield by Zagg does not work with a precise case like Otterbox. Until a wider selection comes available for my iPhone 4, I was able to score a very nice Belkin flip leather case that an at&t store manager pulled out of the storage room for the iPhone 4. I suspect these are in short supply and I did not see one for the iPhone 4 on their web site. It may currently be exclusive for at&t. You can get the general idea by looking at Belkin's site at the 3Gs version of a similar leather flip case. I like the case so much I may stick with it for my iPhone 4 plus it has enough room to put a protective skin on it and I'm pursuing the SGP Incredible Shield 4.0 Full Body Protection with the Crystal Film for the front in the hope that this provides the clarity appropriate for the iPhone 4's beautiful new screen. I am not so happy with my Zagg Invisible Shield although I have and continue to use them for many devices. I don't like the texture, the 'yellowing' and the difficulty in applying the film. My concerns have been echoed in many forums. I am less concerned about the small amount of liquid application fluid so on that point I don't agree. I just want outstanding protection and attractive and professional look for my device.

I had a lovely Vaja flip case on my iphone 3G and would love to get the same design for my iphone 4 as it was a perfect fit and did not restrict using the screen in any way.
Sadly at present they are not available, so have just purchased a cheap Krusell Luna pouch just to prevent the screen whilst in my pocket until the Vaja is available.

Vaja - Leather Products

Attachments

• $flip1.jpg
    $flip1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 479
  • $flip2.jpg
    $flip2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 458
  • $flip3.jpg
    $flip3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 467
  • $flip4.jpg
    $flip4.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 459
I had saw a nice silicon case in the Dsstyles and their case can improve the antenna performance.

I picked up the Belkin grip vue today. I wanted to go with the Belkin shield eclipse, but best buy didn't have any. Seems to work really nice. It's somewhat like a silcone case, but firmer. It adds a small amount of bulk. But since it's clear it's not really noticeable to the eye. It slides in and out of pockets without pulling your pocket out thankfully. My only complaint is that'll the case has a somewhat firm feel to it which makes it hard to use the volume and lock buttons. I'm sure over time they will loosen up and be easier to use though.

Here's a link - F8Z642 Belkin Grip Vue for iPhone 4