What's new

iPhone 4 bootloops into connect to iTunes screen (Recovery Mode)

retroapplefan09

Reaction score

Hello, I have an 32GB iPhone 4 and it had iOS 5.1.1 (downgraded from iOS 7). It was jailbroken. At one time I wanted to have Live Wallpaper (a tweak) on this iPhone 4. Installed it, rebooted. The touch was no longer working. So I putted the device into DFU Mode, restored it and now im greeted with the ,,Connect to iTunes" screen. So I restored it again via iTunes. It finishes the restore process, then when it restarts it shows me the same ,,Connect to iTunes" screen. I left it for a month alone, till I drove to some repair shops today. They all said: ,,throw it into the bin". I'm not gonna do that since I suspect the is a problem with the software, not the hardware. Is there a way to get out of this screen and set it up like a normal iPhone 4? Thanks in advance!

Sincerely
Jonel

Normally if DFU mode doesn’t work it means that there’s usually a hardware problem.

I'm able to get into DFU mode but when I hit restore, it show me an error with the error code (-1).

BTW, when you’re trying to restore the iPhone 4 through iTunes are you trying to force it to restore to iOS 5.1.2?

I’m trying to restore to iOS 7.1.2. I‘ve tried it manually by holding down the option key and by clicking restore on iTunes.