What's new

iPhone 4 won't restore, stays on connect to iTunes screen or comes up with error

gamership

Reaction score
I am trying to fix a family members iPhone 4 which is on the 'connect to iTunes' screen.

The phone has been plugged in and restored both in restore mode and DFU, during this process it either restores but then finishes on the connect to iTunes screen, or comes up with an error message and has come up with multiple different errors.

Can anyone help me with what I can try and do to fix this? As far as I am aware this phone wasn't jailbroken and it is not water damaged.

Thanks.

Which IPSW are you using. Which errors are coming up. Which model of the 4 are we talking about

It is a GSMA 16GB iPhone 4.

I am trying to install 6.1.3 but after it restores it just goes to the connect to itunes screen straight after.

I have attempted to install an older firmware (4.1) but it just comes up with error 3194, despite having attempted the fix for this of inserting # before the server link.

There have been multiple different error codes including error -1, i will post the others when they appear again.

Use TinyUmbrella or RedSn0w to kick it out of Recovery Mode after the restore.

When I click 'exit recovery' on tinyumbrella, the phone just restarts then loads to the connect to itunes screen.

When I try a recovery fix on redsn0w it comes back with 'Missing Keys.plist data for this build', any ideas on what this problem is?

You'll need to select the 6.0 IPSW for your make of iPhone 4 before pressing the Recovery Fix button