specs_battery20080609.jpg

• Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
  • Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
  • Talk time:Up to 7 hours on 3GUp to 14 hours on 2G
  • Standby time: Up to 300 hours
  • Internet use:Up to 6 hours on 3GUp to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
  • Video playback: Up to 10 hours
  • Audio playback: Up to 40 hours

this will be good to see how long of battery life i get out of this thing, my 3g did not last long but with everything turned on, also how long do you charge your phone before using it? or do you just use it first day while plugged in charging? i was told thats bad for battery life doing that and to leave it at least 12 hours, i usually try for 24

This has to be what I love the most of my i4 , battery life is crazy good , first day I was able to get 16hrs of moderate use for me and still had over 30% left when connected to the charger, That alone I give apple props..

5-6 hours of heavy use drains the battery down.. one day the battery life will be 10 weeks with heavy use, that would be nice

The battery is better than I expected. The day after I got it I used it heavily for 5.5 hours straight and was left with about 20%. The day after I had problems which was the wifi I believe. Shut it off and all good again.

The battery is better than I expected. The day after I got it I used it heavily for 5.5 hours straight and was left with about 20%. The day after I had problems which was the wifi I believe. Shut it off and all good again.

I don't know why buri thought it would last longer with heavy usage, basically using it non stop for 6 ish hours and wondering why the battery is drained lol

I love the battery! Big improvement over the 3GS.... I would assume this is also helped by the new processor. I also find it runs a bit cooler than my 3GS.

Agreed, I see a marked improvement over the other iPhones.

Personaly I use battery doctor once a week and I NEVER charge before it below 20% remaining. When I do charge its full up to 100% and then once a week with battery doctor I do a full charge to 100% and a trickly charge for 20min after.

Thats just me though, they say you don't have to do that anymore, but old habits die hard. I prefer not to take the chance and so far have had good success with all my iphones and phones in general.

Either way it has to be better than my 3G that I have to sometimes charge twice a day if I use the apps a ton or am online. But you are right, you would think they would already have better technology out for batteries, but that would cause the phone to cost more and more.

One day in the next 15 yrs I bet we will see batteries lasting weeks with out charge and heavy use and pol will laugh how bad they are/where now

In the future there will be no batteries. Power will be beamed down into our devices by advanced satellites that collect their energy directly from the sun.

Also, Jobs will still be wearing his turtleneck/blue jeans combo.

this will be good to see how long of battery life i get out of this thing, my 3g did not last long but with everything turned on, also how long do you charge your phone before using it? or do you just use it first day while plugged in charging? i was told thats bad for battery life doing that and to leave it at least 12 hours, i usually try for 24

did anyone else do this? at least for the
initial charging when you first got the phone?
should i/we?

my batter goes down pretty quickly.. i can see it going down while i'm web surfing for awhile

did anyone else do this? at least for the
initial charging when you first got the phone?
should i/we?

Anything I've read about lithium batteries is that the 1st charge is no different than the 5th, the 50th, the 100th, etc. All that matters is that you drain it completely once a month or so.