What's new

iPhone 4 battery drain

I dont believe there is such an app.. i read yesterday that i can disable some of the stuff found in SBsettings.. like inhide or somethings like that.. i ddnt know which were safe to disable so i ddnt.. anyone knows about that?!

I dont believe there is such an app.. i read yesterday that i can disable some of the stuff found in SBsettings.. like inhide or somethings like that.. i ddnt know which were safe to disable so i ddnt.. anyone knows about that?!

I didn't believe there was a app for it. It's safe to disable using sbsettings. The only thing that may happen is a safe mode crash which will restart on it's own and allow you to delete whatever you added.

I didn't believe there was a app for it. It's safe to disable using sbsettings. The only thing that may happen is a safe mode crash which will restart on it's own and allow you to delete whatever you added.

ok i'll tell u what i have and if u know which ones is safe to disable you'll b helping a lot :)

in Mobile Substrate Addons:
Activator
Downloader
LockdownPro
PreferenceLoader
SpringFlash
WinterBoard
libhide
sandcastle
sandcastleclient
threedeeboard

i disabled sandcastleclient just to try things out and nothing weird happened. which of these should i disable in order to increase the speed and performance?

ok i'll tell u what i have and if u know which ones is safe to disable you'll b helping a lot :)

Activator
Downloader
LockdownPro
PreferenceLoader
SpringFlash
WinterBoard
libhide
sandcastle
sandcastleclient
threedeeboard

i disabled sandcastleclient just to try things out and nothing weird happened. which of these should i disable in order to increase the speed and performance?

I couldn't tell you by first hand since I deleted sbsettings months ago. But keep doing what you're doing and nothing goes wrong you're fine. What could possibly go wrong besides you undoing what you do

Activator
Downloader
LockdownPro
PreferenceLoader
SpringFlash
WinterBoard
libhide
sandcastle
sandcastleclient
threedeeboard

I couldn't tell you by first hand since I deleted sbsettings months ago. But keep doing what you're doing and nothing goes wrong you're fine. What could possibly go wrong besides you undoing what you do

well i'm only afraid that something happens and it wont be fixable since i saw some very angry comments around the web when disabling some of these stuff.. besides those things do you know anything that could increase my iphones performance? should i uninstall winterboard or SBsettings or i dont knw what?

He got like 99.1% feedback. Some complained that the chip was not working and fake while it worked for someone like me.
Although it worked, I just have the battery drain issue.

Any idea on how to unjailbreak it?

To unjailbreak it, just connect the phone to your computer, open up itunesand restore the iOS.

well i'm only afraid that something happens and it wont be fixable since i saw some very angry comments around the web when disabling some of these stuff.. besides those things do you know anything that could increase my iphones performance? should i uninstall winterboard or SBsettings or i dont knw what?

If you can, restore the phone, jailbreak it again and install the cydia apps one by one with a time period of one day or two to monitor the battery's drain. That way you will be able to find out which one of the apps are killing your battery.

WOW another problem with a JB phone!!! Unjailbreak and leave it stock the phone works perfect!!!

Wow...I've read a lot of posts concerning anything about jailbreaking and anybody not running a stock phone and somewhere in the post you chime in about how stock is the only way to go. In some post you tell the the individual & forum how running anything other than stock is just stupid.

I guess you feel pretty strong about the stock platform.

Just let them be and figure out the problem they may have .

Cya

IMHO eddig offers a alternative and again imho an informed and valued point of view, allows uncommitted but curious users like me a better insight onto the pro's and cons of jailbreaking.

My grandson, having jail broke his new iPod, seriously tried to persuade me to jb my ip4, has now gone back to stock, so JBKG is not for everyone ;).

CP

WOW another problem with a JB phone!!! Unjailbreak and leave it stock the phone works perfect!!!

Wow...I've read a lot of posts concerning anything about jailbreaking and anybody not running a stock phone and somewhere in the post you chime in about how stock is the only way to go. In some post you tell the the individual & forum how running anything other than stock is just stupid.

I guess you feel pretty strong about the stock platform.

Just let them be and figure out the problem they may have .

Cya

Sorry EARL but i speak the truth JB is nothing but trouble and thats a fact!!!

eddieg said:

I've never had a problem with my jailbroken phone. So u obviously don't know what ur talking About.

eddieg said:

I've never had a problem with my jailbroken phone. So u obviously don't know what ur talking About.

I think he is Steve jobs henchmen warning of the undeniable jailbreak. I really wonder how and why people have problems with jailbreaking.

Sent from my iP4 while cranking the flyest GoGo bands! DC/MD

Jailbreaking never created any problems with any of my iDevices.. on the contrary i cannot imagine my iPhone without JB! but yeah people who don't know what they'r dealing with it's better that they stay without JB..

Hey friend up grade to 4.3.3 and you will get better battery life ,i had the same bad battery power problem and when i upgrade , may battery came to life
I jailbrake again and using cidya and my iphone4 woks real good

Hi guys, New here. But to your issue with the battery drain. I've had this issue in the past and now my friend is having the same problem. What I have found alot of times is nothing to do with the JB at all but the version of the OS installed on the phone. I had an ipod 3gen that I ran a test on with different OS's and found a few that would run the battery down. I've done 1 of 2 things with this and it was either down grade the OS or upgrade. But be careful when upgrading as sometimes there may not be a JB for the newer OS. My friend just upgraded his Iphone 4 to the newest OS and now his battery is draining very quickly. So we are going to down grade back to were it was. just my 2 cents