What's new

iPhone 4 battery drain

Omarsafadi

Reaction score
so i bought my new iphone 4.. unlocked it using GEVEY and then Jailbreaked it using rednsow.. b4 the JB my battery lasted 2 days of heavy usage.. now after JB it can last for just one day with average usage.. 3 to 4 hrs of usage max i guess.. i'm afraid that there are apps on cydia that effect the battery and performance of the phone.. are there any apps that i should avoid in order to get max battery capacity?! any help concerning that topic will be tremendously helpful..
thank you guys in advance !

I wish I could tell you which cydia apps caused the problem for you but just delete one by one until you figure it out. I rarely use any apps from cydia these days.

I am having the same problems now.
My phone have 80% charge left in it when I went to bed and now in the morning, it has only 50% left.
I am using a Gevey pro bought from ebay for $4. It unlocked my phone in a short time. When I loose the signal, I get reconnected automatically to T-mobile.
So, what can be done?

How to unjailbreak it?
Also does it matter if I use a duplicate gevey? Its working fine but I just wanted to know if getting the original one now is worth it.

slash_lucky said:
How to unjailbreak it?
Also does it matter if I use a duplicate gevey? Its working fine but I just wanted to know if getting the original one now is worth it.

Don't know for sure, but ask yourself these questions -:

Is the guy who copied the product and sold on Ebay likely to be the latest software revision and able to offer back up?

Or is the original guy who supplied, who sweated out long hours of his time making it?

CP

He got like 99.1% feedback. Some complained that the chip was not working and fake while it worked for someone like me.
Although it worked, I just have the battery drain issue.

Any idea on how to unjailbreak it?

slash_lucky said:
He got like 99.1% feedback. Some complained that the chip was not working and fake while it worked for someone like me.

eBay feedback can be very subjective, you/i could easily build up a mass of happy feedbacks simply by selling cheap knitting needles or other tat.

Not beating you up, honest - but how can you say 'it work's for someone like you'?

Your seeking advice on battery issues also to return your iPhone back to factory settings, tbh i would not like to see it if it did not work for you :).

You may be reacting to early, all rechargeable cells need several charging cycles to form the chemicals used and reach their full potential.

If i were you, i'd perceiver for a couple of weeks, turn off Bluetooth, location services and WiFi and anything that shows an icon after a double press of the home key.

CP

But the issue here is that iphone 4 should not have that problem!! My old 3GS running 4.3.3 had that same issue so i got the iphone 4 having in mind that that issue would vanish! It's still here:/ should i change the battery or it's not the issue here? I dnt wana unJB cz an iphone is only enjoyable after JB lol..
Best

Go to Cydia and Find a batttery saving app thats what i did with my moms phone and hers last for along time.

Restore it using iTunes. You're going to have to unlock again