What's new

iPhone 4 apps appear to be using too much memory

benna12

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 32gb iPhone 4 with about 150 apps installed on it, which use about 7.7 GB of memory which I am fine with. My girlfriend has the same model phone, but only has about 50 apps installed, I would say 90% of her apps are also on my phone, but her phone is using 10.5 GB for the 50 apps, while mine is using less memory, even though I have pretty much all the same apps plus about 100 more.

Any ideas as to what would cause her phone to use much more memory for so many less apps?

Thanks,
Ben

File saved in apps are counted as app size when plug the phone to iTunes. So let's say that your gf have awesome note app which you also have install on your device, awesome note has the capabilities to store photos, links, and drawings, audios. The more files you are attaching to dairy part of awesome notes, the more bigger size app awesome note is becoming. That's basically the reason why she's using more space than you.

Thank you, I will take a look at her apps and see if that is the case, but that seems logical. Now I wonder what silliness she has saved on there. haha

Thanks for the help