What's new

iphone 4 acting wierd or normal?

zaidar61s

Reaction score
hi

i have an iphone 4 32gb which was given to me as a replacement by apple. the iphone seems as if it is unlocked as all the sims work in it however itunes has not said anything like "your iphone is unlocked"

the problem is.

each time i put a new sim in the Iphone e.g t mobile, 02, orange, i have to connect it to itunes to activate the phone, and after its activated that sim will work. if i change to another network i have to activate it again is this normal?

i assumed if a Iphone is unlocked once activated you can pop any sim card in it.

thanks

You need to activate the phone everytime you put a new sim in. I would think you would only have to do it for each sim once. Have you tried putting the same sim back in after inserting another? I know you can defiantly remove you sim and put the same one back in without having to activate it.

I don't have a factory unlocked phone so don't know for sure. There are users on here that do so hopefully one of them will be along soon...

You need to activate the phone everytime you put a new sim in. I would think you would only have to do it for each sim once. Have you tried putting the same sim back in after inserting another? I know you can defiantly remove you sim and put the same one back in without having to activate it.

I don't have a factory unlocked phone so don't know for sure. There are users on here that do so hopefully one of them will be along soon...

i really appreciate your response mate. is your iphone permanently unlocked?

anyway you are correct i have to activate each sim only once then i can use it again without connecting to itunes. but if im out and i try another sim which occasionally happens due to the nature of my work i don't want to have to be running to laptop or pc connecting to itunes. my friend has a unlocked iphone 4 and on his one you can use any sim without connecting to itunes.

Nope. Mines is locked.

Are your sure yours is factory unlocked and not ultrasnowed? Perhaps your friends is factory unlocked and that's the difference. Now that I remember, I'm sure I read somewhere factory unlocked phones don't require activated...?

I've got a 'neverlocked' and only had to activate the phone and the original sim (Simyo) once. I put another sim in (T-Mobile) and had to request the carrier to activate that one, I didn't need to hook up to iTunes. I'm swapping the 2 sims in & out frequently and do not need to hook up to iTunes to re-activate them.

Nope. Mines is locked.

Are your sure yours is factory unlocked and not ultrasnowed? Perhaps your friends is factory unlocked and that's the difference. Now that I remember, I'm sure I read somewhere factory unlocked phones don't require activated...?

mine is 100% factory unlocked as it was direct from apple as a repleacement all i done was tried my voda sim in it it told me to connect to itunes after that it worked. i put my orange sim in it did the same after conecting to itunes it worked. i can no swap these two sims in and out without activating them again.

however if i put a new sim in i have to activate that only once through itunes so that it can be used again and again. all the sims that have been activated once will work again and again without connecting to itunes.

is this normal?