What's new

Hacktivate iPhone 4s

Raul Ruiz

Reaction score
iPhone 4s
Version 5.1.1
Firmware 1.0.11

Hello, I don't have an att sim card to activate my iphone. What do I need to do to hacktivate it (is it even possible). I bought a gevey sim but could not activate using it with my t-mobile sim. Do I first need to unlock for the gevey to work?

Please help me and thank you in advance.

You cannot have an iPhone 4s with 5.1.1 with a 5.0 baseband (1.0.11). It is just not possible. As there is no way to preserve baseband on iPhone 4s

iPhone 4s
Version 5.1.1
Firmware 1.0.11

Hello, I don't have an att sim card to activate my iphone. What do I need to do to hacktivate it (is it even possible). I bought a gevey sim but could not activate using it with my t-mobile sim. Do I first need to unlock for the gevey to work?

Please help me and thank you in advance.

What carrier is the iPhone 4s originally from?

I just recently updated from 5.0 to 5.1.1. The firmware used to be 5.0 and baseband 1.0.11. So the baseband changed as well? What is it now?

The original carrier is att.

I just want to know if it can be hacktivated
and if you need to activate for the gevey to work?

Raul Ruiz said:
I just recently updated from 5.0 to 5.1.1. The firmware used to be 5.0 and baseband 1.0.11. So the baseband changed as well? What is it now?

The original carrier is att.

I just want to know if it can be hacktivated
and if you need to activate for the gevey to work?

Yes. The baseband has been updated to 2.0.12. It cannot be hacktivated and the gevey no longer works with the new baseband. And there is no way to downgrade the baseband. So the ONLY way to have it unlocked would be to have AT&T do a carrier unlock which they probably won't do

I been trying to unlock this iphone for almost 3 weeks. I feel so upset and fustrated now that I updated and cant unlock. Is there ever going to be an unlock and jaibreak? and how longer do I have to wait?

Raul Ruiz said:
I been trying to unlock this iphone for almost 3 weeks. I feel so upset and fustrated now that I updated and cant unlock. Is there ever going to be an unlock and jaibreak? and how longer do I have to wait?

There already is a jailbreak. But the phone has to be activated to do it. So youre out of luck. We do not know when there will be unlock if ever.