What's new

iPhone 4/4S signal issues (Microcell)

Ricky1224

Reaction score
Calling all jailbreakers/Computer software programmers anyone that knows how to fix this issue. The issue started from the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.0.1. In order to get the iPhone to connect to the microcell you would have to turn it on airplane mode then turn it off. Upon doing so it would connect to the microcell for about 15-20 mins, then disconnect and it will never reconnect till I complete the above steps. With every update apple pushes out I'm hoping it will be fixed and it never is. For the hell of it I update to IOS 6 beta hoping that this would be the miracle I've been looking for and it is even worst. Even that airplane on and off dosent get it to connect. Does anyone know of a way I can edit the iPhone's signal settings to perfer the device I get 5 bars with vs the one bar of service I get in my house (if that) without it. I have replaced the microcell 5 times and replaced the sims several times as well it's def a iOS 5.0.1 and later issue. Someone out there must know of a way to fix this?

sounds like a hardware problem... doesn't seem like anyone else has had this problem o_O

Calling all jailbreakers/Computer software programmers anyone that knows how to fix this issue. The issue started from the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.0.1. In order to get the iPhone to connect to the microcell you would have to turn it on airplane mode then turn it off. Upon doing so it would connect to the microcell for about 15-20 mins, then disconnect and it will never reconnect till I complete the above steps. With every update apple pushes out I'm hoping it will be fixed and it never is. For the hell of it I update to IOS 6 beta hoping that this would be the miracle I've been looking for and it is even worst. Even that airplane on and off dosent get it to connect. Does anyone know of a way I can edit the iPhone's signal settings to perfer the device I get 5 bars with vs the one bar of service I get in my house (if that) without it. I have replaced the microcell 5 times and replaced the sims several times as well it's def a iOS 5.0.1 and later issue. Someone out there must know of a way to fix this?

you may want to try updating your service settings and roaming capabilities.
1st, dial *228 then when it connects hit 1
then repeat that but when it connects hit 2.

your services will be update successfully at this point.

sounds like a hardware problem... doesn't seem like anyone else has had this problem o_O

Yeah bro, when I called att they said a lot of people are having this same issue and they are waiting for apples "fix". It's been almost a year now and there's no fix. So I figured I'd throw this issue out here to see if anyone knows of a way to change the signal settings to perfer the microcell in which I get 5 bars over the one. The microcell worked great until I updated ios. And the issues on on both of my phones so I don't think it is just a specific phone issue.

I've read and tried that *228 but it seems that is only for carriers without the SIM cards/ I think it's CDMA only.

Yeah bro, when I called att they said a lot of people are having this same issue and they are waiting for apples "fix". It's been almost a year now and there's no fix. So I figured I'd throw this issue out here to see if anyone knows of a way to change the signal settings to perfer the microcell in which I get 5 bars over the one. The microcell worked great until I updated ios. And the issues on on both of my phones so I don't think it is just a specific phone issue.

ahh sry I am from England ^^ that's why I have not heard of it :D

My Phone 4s goes to searching bar when i upgrade it to 5.1.1 its factory unlocked modem firmware is 2.0.12 when it connect it to if0rcast to read its boot loader it is showing not available.can some one help me whats wrong with my cell phone.
I have restored it to factory reset, manually reset the network settings but the problem remains the same.

Regards
Atif.

I also have a Micro-Cell and my phone often displays "searching". I tried to call out and it worked anyway, the call went through. It isn't as stable as I thought it would be. Without it, I get 1 bar and often people cat hear me when they call.

When you figure it out, let me know I have tried everything

Is there any software programmers out there that know how to fix this issue. On the iPhone, in the Csidata, GsmRegistrationModel::fRatSelection is setup for both edge and 3G. The IPhone preferred settings are set up for 3G. How do I add a line to that , to prefer the 3G microcell over 3G/edge???

Somehow my Micro-Cell issues went away. I was out of state for 3 months and upgraded my iPhone to OS 6 while I was gone. When I returned I no longer had connectivity issues with the M-Cell. Related to upgrade? Don't know.