What's new

iPhone 4.3.2 update error message

dsmithers

Reaction score
Please see attached file - what does this error message number mean? How can I update my iPhone to the newer vesrion? Thank you -

Have you JB'd the phone before?

If you have, and you added the gs.apple.com line to your hosts file, make sure you either remove it, or comment it out of the file.

new itunes has just been release try installing that.. 10.2.2

iTunes 10.2.2 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Addresses an issue where iTunes may become unresponsive when syncing an iPad.
• Resolves an issue which may cause syncing photos with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to take longer than necessary.
• Fixes a problem where video previews on the iTunes Store may skip while playing.
• Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance.

iTunes 10.2 came with several new features and improvements, including:

• Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 4.3.

• Improved Home Sharing. Browse and play from your iTunes libraries with Home Sharing on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 4.3.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

I tried to jail break but never completed it -

I was using the software "Tiny something" and that's as far as I got -

The best thing to do is get all of the information together for us in detail. As with anything, the more information you give to people the easier it is to help fix the problem.

If "tiny something" is Tiny Umbrella, then that program isn't meant to Jail Break your phone anyway.

Get all of the correct information together including your current versions and model, and research everything before you start.

There are many step by step guides, including in our Hacking section, follow those and you should be fine.

IF you run into problems, copy the exact error, or screen grab it and let us know and lots of people on here will be more than happy to help you fix any problem you hit :)

Good luck!

EDIT - Below is the link to some great that Unleashed posted.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...os-4-3-2-redsn0w-0-9-6rc14-unteathered-10823/

Last edited:
hi everyone, I'm having a similar problem. i bought a new iphone4 2 weeks ago. after having the phone for only a couple hours I decided jailbreaking was something I wanted to do and it's been really cool. i used redsn0w. my phone is 4.3.2. i noticed on the redsn0w blog that they were excited to see that even after apple updated to 4.3.3 that the jailbreak is still working fine. so this gave me the idea to update to 4.3.3. now here is where my lack of knowledge sets in. what is normal procedure for updating a jailbroken iphone? do i simply update like normal through itunes or am i supposed to download the new ispw and run it alongside redsn0w to get the current version? my problem is, i tried to update from 4.3.2 -> 4.3.3 through itunes. i get the error
"The IPhone "Jared's IPhone" could not be updated. An unknown error occured [3194]"

is this msg normal when trying to upgrade on a jailbroken phone? i literally have been searching for an answer for hours. I've seen everything from adding AND taking away a line of text from a host file. both of which did not work, to entering DFU? mode and trying to do a completely clean wipe of the phone. the result is the same in every case with that error msg. whether attempting to upgrade or downgrade. im rly not ahving any problems with my phone's current state, i guess i'm just freaking out now because I'm scared I've brought my phone into a state it can't be gotten out of.

P.S. when i first jailbroke the phone and entered Cydia, I saw urgent warnings about backing up SHSH. after trying to do so i ran into problems with tinyumbrella where the program wouldn't working because of certain processes running. i was never able to fix this problem so i dont ahve backed up SHSH.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESTORE MY PHONE TO FACTORY without backed up SHSH?

all help is greatly appreciated.

If u didn't save your previous version shsh, you are not able to downgrade. However, when i was upgrading my iOS from a jailbreak 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 i got the same error, and i did nothing else than modifying that host file by removing the last ligne.
First you should update your itunes and after that let itunes download the firmware into your computer, and when during the update you see the error message, close your itunes an any other apps open in the computer locate the host file and delete the last ligne in it. Restart your computer and make sure that you have nothing elese runing in the computer except itunes, disable your antiviruse if you are using one, and close anything lile appication you see in the system tray of your computer, make sure you have a good internet on the computer.Only after that, you can connect your phone to the computer, and then clic upgrade. Let the upgrade go through untill it finish the installation. Once everything is finish with the upgrade, you can jailbreak using redsnow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm it seems that when i removed the last line from the host file in the past, it got saved as a .txt file because the original was read only. i unchecked read-only, overwrote the old file, restarted like u said and the update is going through just fine now. thanks very much for your help. now let me get this straight, even tho my phone is already 4.3.2 jailbroken(soon-to-be 4.3.3) i have to go through the jailbreak process again once im updated to 4.3.3? it's not still jailbroken?

hi everyone, I'm having a similar problem. i bought a new iphone4 2 weeks ago. after having the phone for only a couple hours I decided jailbreaking was something I wanted to do and it's been really cool. i used redsn0w. my phone is 4.3.2. i noticed on the redsn0w blog that they were excited to see that even after apple updated to 4.3.3 that the jailbreak is still working fine. so this gave me the idea to update to 4.3.3. now here is where my lack of knowledge sets in. what is normal procedure for updating a jailbroken iphone? do i simply update like normal through itunes or am i supposed to download the new ispw and run it alongside redsn0w to get the current version? my problem is, i tried to update from 4.3.2 -> 4.3.3 through itunes. i get the error
"The IPhone "Jared's IPhone" could not be updated. An unknown error occured [3194]"

is this msg normal when trying to upgrade on a jailbroken phone? i literally have been searching for an answer for hours. I've seen everything from adding AND taking away a line of text from a host file. both of which did not work, to entering DFU? mode and trying to do a completely clean wipe of the phone. the result is the same in every case with that error msg. whether attempting to upgrade or downgrade. im rly not ahving any problems with my phone's current state, i guess i'm just freaking out now because I'm scared I've brought my phone into a state it can't be gotten out of.

P.S. when i first jailbroke the phone and entered Cydia, I saw urgent warnings about backing up SHSH. after trying to do so i ran into problems with tinyumbrella where the program wouldn't working because of certain processes running. i was never able to fix this problem so i dont ahve backed up SHSH.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESTORE MY PHONE TO FACTORY without backed up SHSH?

all help is greatly appreciated.

Im trying to JB my 4.3.2 with redsn0w but with no luck.