What's new

iphone 3gs wont activate not reading sim

PoSsUm

Reaction score
I gave this phone to my daughter bought it jailbroke and unlocked.I have no clue what version it was on.Anyways she did some restore not knowing,and now the phone goes to the language screen then next tries to activate but cant.Tried different sims and no go.Please how can I get this fixed and help would be great. Ithink Iseen 6.15 something I havent had the phone long in my hands to remember.

I try using redsnow it goes through the ramdisk starts loading stuff then it keeps saying please wait mounting roofs as read only error the no successful firmware do wnload after 60000 ms!! Giving up

Last edited:
I have tried redsnow with firmwares and custom firmwares after that with itunes and still nothing my fix is going to be a sledge hammer.I hate iphones.

Hi PoSsUm.... the 3GS is Jailbroken & Unlocked. What carrier was your daughter using it on?

Tiny Umbrella is showing

Firmware version 5.0.1

baseband 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2

Well I got the phone to work but now it wont unlock ultrasn0w is installed but wont read the sim which it did before it wont read any sim.

can you PLS PLS PLS tell me how u fixed it i have rejail broken my iphone 5 times restored 5 times i have 3gs with same base band and ios it wont activate if i hacktivate it then it still wont read my sim even tho jailbroken and ultra sn0w has been added through repository.