What's new

iphone 3gs recovery mode weired problem -seek for unswers please help

ROBERTO123

Reaction score
i have iphone 3gs on ios 6 -no jailbreak . iphone all working well but the problem is that when i connect it to ac power or pc and the iphone turn on it enter directly into recovery mode , if i turn on the iphone when its plugged in it goes into recovery mode but when i turn on the iphone when it is not plugged there is no problem and the iphone system upload and everything working even when i plugged it to pc or ac power the iphone working fine and charging +recognized by itunes . the problem is that when i plugged it to ac power or pc when the iphone is turned off it goes into recovery mode so i need to disconnect the cable ,turn on iphone and wait for system to appear and then to plug it back to power or pc .

does anyone have any idea what is causing the problem ?
i already restored the iphone by itunes -clean restore -no hacking or custom firmware but still same problem .
i replaced a dock connector but still same problem

This may sound crazy... but have you tried using a different cord? An "Official Apple" cord.

thank you for your reply , well i have used several chargers and various cables including original but still no luck , i have also the backlight problem - it wont turned on - its the 6r8 coil which need to be replaced , is it possible that the iphone goes to recovery only when its plugged in by cable because of damaged 6r8 coil ? i have searched the web but didnt find any link that it is what causing the problem so i guess its other problem than that

Unfortunately that's a bit above my level of expertise. Hopefully another member of our staff or community can come along and assist you.

No backlight can be a problem from a 6r8 coil being damaged. You'd have to de-solder the older 6r8 and replace it with a new one. Personally, if that's the case, I'd get a new iPhone. The 6r8 coil can run you about 50-70$ on average. If you can, chip in a little more for a 4S if not a slight chunk for a 5.

And I've seen the problem where the device only boots into recovery when plugged in. You'd have to tinker around with getting the device into DFU to really fix that problem. It's a driver problem probably but it's hard to tell without the physical device.

well after couple of hours and dissemble the iphone i fixed it , so if anyone will have this problem ill tell you how i fixed it for me to save you time , i had cleaned all connectors with connector spray which are linked to the charging port , i cleaned the iphone dock charging connector , the connector on the mother board which is connected it , the charging port on the iphone , used a magnified glass for it to check all connectors . assembled the iphone and it worked with no problems .