What's new

iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0 keeps crashing over and over... Service problem?

Stupe

Reaction score
Hey guys
So I'm currently "using" a 16 gb white iPhone 3GS under iOS 5 jailbroken with redsn0w, as I updated my 32 on 5.0.1 like a noob (-_-)

Well this iPhone (the white 16gb) was working well when I got it on the first time (about 2 weeks ago)
I jailbroke it, unlocked it and everything went well, but somehow now it keeps crashing everytime I boot it, at the beginning it only happened when I put my belgian SIM in it, my text message wouldn't send (the loading bar was stuck at 90%) same thing for calls, no tone, nothing, then boom, it switches off, and then the apple of death.. (so I had to go back to my lap and boot it tethered)
But now I can't even stay 2 minutes on it after rebooting it, it switches off immediatly with any SIM card, it's driving me nuts, I tried to jailbreak it again, but the ipsw in the itunes folder is not recognized by redsnow, and when I do it with another 5.0 ipsw, there's a error in the jailbreak "couldn't load after 6000 ms, giving up" and now we can't restore on the current version, we have to upgrade to the latest what the helllllll help me!

Try iOS sync 5.0.1 and load the proper sources to make it work

With cydia sources and sync fro ***REMOVED***

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your responses, I would not mind updating it to the last version, but I need this iPhone unlocked actually :3

I am the same exact position as you except I have no tried to re-jailbreak it because it would require me with restore with ios 5.0.1. I also have tried BigBoss's semitether and that wouldnt work because I would get the loading circle to freeze everything.

Have you found the solution for this?

No ... Well my iphone seems to work better on my new prepaid SIM card... but I still feel a bit insecure... If I find something I will let you know