What's new

iPhone 3GS error "21" itunes, error "AppleNANDLegacyFTL::start: AND init failed" JB

lizarnator

Reaction score
My 3GS is having issues. it is not water damaged, and i do not know it's history.
when i try to Jailbreak, no matter what the jailbreak (fixrecovery greenpoison, sn0wbreeze, Redsn0w), the last line of code on the screen is "AppleNANDLegacyFTL::start: AND init failed", followed by "AppleBCMWLAN::handleIOKitBusyWatchdogTimeout (): Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! giving up..."
when i try to restore with itunes (5.1) i get unknown error (21)
has anyone got a solution for me?
thank you very much

nope! and i still need an answer! please let me know if you get it fixed. cheers

lizarnator said:
My 3GS is having issues. it is not water damaged, and i do not know it's history.
when i try to Jailbreak, no matter what the jailbreak (fixrecovery greenpoison, sn0wbreeze, Redsn0w), the last line of code on the screen is "AppleNANDLegacyFTL::start: AND init failed", followed by "AppleBCMWLAN::handleIOKitBusyWatchdogTimeout (): Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! giving up..."
when i try to restore with itunes (5.1) i get unknown error (21)
has anyone got a solution for me?
thank you very much

Have you tried to restore to 5.1.1?

I have tried 5.1.1 on several computers. I have been informed by another member its possibly a hardware issue on my phone. I'm guessing if it's phone hardware then the logic board is scrap.

Have you tired restoring with a custom ipsw? Created from redsnow, pwnagetool or snow breeze

Yes I have tried all snowbreeze brings up error 21 and redsnow Attems to jailbreak uploades ram disc, scrolls a white text and comes up with no succesfull firmware loaded after 60000 ms giving up then sortly after returns to dfu. same as Lizarnator I think. On thing I did discovery today just before I get error 21 and phone switches on when being prepaid for restore it goes from dfu mode into recovery as soon as the screen turns on. But there is no picture on screen just dim screen and tiny umbrella reads it as being in recovery as before it boots its in dfu. Don't know if that's anything to go on.

do you have any shsh saved? try downgrading. and then updating to 5.x.x

No I wish I had because I have read that downgrading to 4.1 could fix this error.

I'm lost on this one mate.

Don't know...never even had an iPhone 3GS before.

restore to 5.1.1. not 5.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapalol

Uninstall iTunes and everything associated with it( when i say every thing i mean everything) check apples website they have a part on uninstalling itunes.. Then restart comp and reinstall iTunes. Also is your iPhone already jailbroken??

It was never jailbroke I have tried since its been dead though. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, removing all apple associated with it. And tried on 2 other computers as well.

Last edited: