What's new

Iphone 3gs 5.0.1 jailbroken with problems

quitman1519

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently got an Iphone 3gs from a friend and it was pre-Jailbroken although it has some problems it is an unteathered jailbreak but it won't run certain applications no matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall them. i was wondering if there was a way to completely set it back to factory settings?

Here is a list of options i have already tried:

Settings,general,reset, erase all content and data. that just made it go to the never ending spinning wheel

plug into itunes and restore. Kept getting all kinds of errors

If anyone has any ideas please help.
In all honesty I just want the Iphone back to out of the box factory i dont care about the jailbreak

thanx

Hi.

1. NEVER EVER do reset all settings from inside the phone when ita jailbroken.

2. Is your phone unlocked too? (or is it factory unlocked)

3. What errors are you getting so we can try to fix them

You probably need to run iReb on it, then restore it. I did this to my old 3GS running 4.1.

If it's unlocked, DO NOT use a stock Apple restore file. You need to create your own that preserves the BaseBand. Sn0wbreeze is the only program that preserves the BB.

I got it working!!!! Sorry i tried this befor anyone got back to me but what i did was I had Cydelete installed on my phone so i deleted everything that i got through cydia and installious4 Including cydia from my phone and all other applications. I then restored my iphone from itunes using the first backup from when i first got my phone. then did a firmware restore from Itunes. when i activated iCloud all my contacts were back on my phone.

my next question is my friend is having the same problem with her Iphone 4 running firmware 5.0 would the same thing fix hers?