What's new

iPhone 3Gs 06.15.00 Troubleshooting

rmhome

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm in need of a little help here. First, lets explain the situation.

I was given an iPhone 3Gs that was stuck at the "Connect to iTunes" screen. The owner did not know what firmware he was originally on before getting it stuck, all he knew was that he accidentally selected "Update" when he connected his phone to iTunes (Version 10.2.2) and it tried to update the phone to 4.3.3.

After much trial and error trying to restore the phone and determine where the phone was at software wise, i was able to restore it using a custom firmware made with Pwnage Tool back to 4.2.1. To my surprise the phone had already been previously unlocked using the 06.15.00 baseband upgrade which (now that i think back) is certainly the reason the restore was so difficult.

I gave the phone back to him at 4.2.1 and he was on his way. Well, shortly after he contacted me again saying there were some weird issues with the phone. First one being that the message "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" kept popping up over and over again. The second issue was that "most" of the system sounds were not audible. (for example, incoming texts, slider sound, number pad sounds, sleep on/off, song or video audio when using ipod app, etc) Now the ring tones were fine, no problem there, and every once and awhile the slider sound would work..... (Note: ALL of the system sounds work correctly through the headphone jack as well)

I took the phone back and tried to restore it once again using a custom IPSW to 4.2.1 but had the same issue. I then tried to update to a custom 4.3.3 IPSW Stupidly forgetting to save the 4.2.1 SHSH's thinking that might work. But once it was done, NO LUCK STILL.

I have done some research and found a few different things
1. Cydia "No Accessory Splash" (DID NOT WORK)
2. IAPD patch file (Can't find one of 4.x.x software)

I dont believe its a hardware issue at all with the speakers but is more likely a 06.15.00 issue if anything. Any ideas for troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks!

What about the switcher on the left side of the phone? Is it in sound position or it's in vibrating position.
And if the switcher is on sounding position, is your sound setting look like these ones here?
7b797cf4-3c33-cf81.jpg
7b797cf4-3c3e-8939.jpg

Yep I tried the side switch a couple of times. I also tried toggling those switches on the settings menu on/off a few times and rebooting the phone. No change, same symptoms.

I actually tried the IAPD patch file for the 3.x software and it worked! There is some battery drain issues I still have to fix but all in all I'm pretty stoked. Ah 06.15.00. The least desirable way to unlock a phone. :)

I actually tried the IAPD patch file for the 3.x software and it worked! There is some battery drain issues I still have to fix but all in all I'm pretty stoked. Ah 06.15.00. The least desirable way to unlock a phone. :)

Do any of his location features work with the 6.15. BB? Are apps like Yelp or AroundMe or RunKeeper still able to run with the location service?

Good question. I gave it back to the person who owns it. I will try to get with him and test those out.

I am having the same problem with the sound, would love to get it working.

Thanks,
Jason