What's new

Iphone 3g WILL NOT turn on!?

diceksox1809

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Super super frustrated right here.

My phone broke and got water damaged while on a fishing trip last week. I bought a used Iphone 3g off a friend the other day, and knew I had to jailbreak and unlock it since I am with T-Mobile.

I started the jailbreak and it was super frustrating but I was able to get to the point where the jailbreak starts. However it said "Waiting for Reboot" and I couldn't get it off that no matter what I did. I left it like that overnight hoping some miracle would work. But it didn't.

I came home today and restarted the jailbreak. However, the jailbreak did not recognize my phone as in DFU mode like it was when I left it. So I unplugged my phone and tried to turn it on and restart everything including the jailbreak. But thing is, it WONT turn on. It won't turn on, it won't charge, it won't recognize as a device on my Windows computer. The Iphone is just black screen and I can't get anything out of it.

I have no clue what to do it. Doesn't seem like either of the buttons will get anything done, so I can't restart, restore.

I don't know what to do. This unlock has turned out way more difficult than it ever should have been.

Please, someone help. I don't know what to do anymore.

Try hard resetting it by holding the power/sleep button and the home button until it cuts off and turns back on. And then do it again ASAP. And as the phone goes black start to put it in DFU mode ASAP. Then restore the phone from scratch using itunes and then jailbreak again. If your using an older version of redsn0w try getting an updated version. Good luck

If it will not power on your screwwed!(For lack of a better term).

You either take it somewhere where they can diagnose it and tell you what is wrong and what it will cost to fix it. You could do that with your water dameged iPhone as well. Diagnostics are usually free.

Or you can buy another phone.