What's new

Iphone 2G is undetectable after fail jailbreak with reds0w 0.9.4

ruimouinh0

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rui and i have an Iphone 2G with 3.1.3 firmware that isn't going very well. One of my friends gave me this iphone and said that i just needed to do a jailbreak and unlock (it was in that thing of service calls) and i was pretty happy. He told me how to do and i tried to do. Now the problem begins.The iphone didn't have the home button, so i needed to search for a solution to DFU mode with it. I found redsn0w , enter dfu mode costum firmware. After find that, i did a clean restore to my iphone, a official firmware from apple, 3.1.3, and did the enter dfu mode costum firmare after. I entered in DFU mode and i runned redsn0w 0.9.4. Was going all ok until my iphone got stuck in a pineapple logo saying "Installing Activation Bundles". I waited, waited, waited like 15 minutes, until the iphone rebooted and showed me the Apple logo and then the normal Emergency calls mode.
After that, i tried to do it again, but my iphone was undetectable to windows , itunes, tinyumbrella, redsn0w, everything. I tried in 3 different computers and none of them detected the iphone. I dont know what to do right now. I think i bricked my iphone since i dont have home button.I really want to fix this problem. Thank you guys for helping =)

Last edited:
ruimouinh0 said:
Hi, my name is Rui and i have an Iphone 2G with 3.1.3 firmware that isn't going very well. One of my friends gave me this iphone and said that i just needed to do a jailbreak and unlock (it was in that thing of service calls) and i was pretty happy. He told me how to do and i tried to do. Now the problem begins.The iphone didn't have the home button, so i needed to search for a solution to DFU mode with it. I found redsn0w , enter dfu mode costum firmware. After find that, i did a clean restore to my iphone, a official firmware from apple, 3.1.3, and did the enter dfu mode costum firmare after. I entered in DFU mode and i runned redsn0w 0.9.4. Was going all ok until my iphone got stuck in a pineapple logo saying "Installing Activation Bundles". I waited, waited, waited like 15 minutes, until the iphone rebooted and showed me the Apple logo and then the normal Emergency calls mode.
After that, i tried to do it again, but my iphone was undetectable to windows , itunes, tinyumbrella, redsn0w, everything. I tried in 3 different computers and none of them detected the iphone. I dont know what to do right now. I think i bricked my iphone since i dont have home button.I really want to fix this problem. Thank you guys for helping =)

I don't know but after I attempted jailbreak and it failed I had to reset the iPhone and reboot windows before it would recognize it again.