What's new

ipad3 announced

the new Apple iPad will be 4G/LTE! The iPad 2 has 3.1Mbps on EV-DO, 7.2 on HSPA. The new iPad will now has 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE taking the cake at 73Mbps. Verizon, Rogers, Bell, Telus and AT&T will be the LTE partners.

ohhhh and I'm not getting one.....

iPad 3 spec sheet!

High Resolution Retina Display - It's 2048 x 1536 - 3.1 million pixels - "The most ever in a mobile device" compared to a 1920 x 1080 1080p display - 264ppi "and that is enough to call it a retina display" - 40 percent better color saturation - *still has a physical home button
A5X processor is quad-core graphics - Four times faster than NVIDIA's Tegra 3
iSight camera - 5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor on the back, 5-element lens, IR filter, and ISP built into ​the A5X chip - Auto-exposure, auto-focus - 1080p video recording
Voice Dictation - "The iPad like all great iOS devices has a great keyboard and now you'll see there's a new key on the bottom: a microphone."
4G LTE - 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE at 73Mbps - Verizon, Rogers, Bell, Telus and AT&T will be the LTE partners - and other global partners - all will be 3G global-ready - "Whichever one you pick you can roam anywhere around the world." - Can be a Personal Hotspot (carrier specific)
10 hours of battery life - 9 hours on 4G!
9.4mm thin, weighing 1.4lbs.
$499 for 16GB Version - 32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699 - Coming March 16th

Source: iPadForums.net, Apple live event

nice one Darkstar,thanks for that.

Your welcome. I'm over at iPadForums helping out and I was trying to keep everyone over here informed as well. :)!

The iPad won't be called the iPad 3. Apple is calling it "The iPad". That simple. :D

Your welcome. I'm over at iPadForums helping out and I was trying to keep everyone over here informed as well. :)!

The iPad won't be called the iPad 3. Apple is calling it "The iPad". That simple. :D
The iPad? thats a bit of a surprise,i think everyone will refer to it as ipad3 though.