What's new

iPad vs iPhone

azonie

Reaction score
Going to get an iPad 3 as soon as released. Have some questions on how it will work with iPhone.
1. If I open email on iPhone will it show as open on iPad. Any diff on how non Apple email will work vs @me.com accounts.
2. If I read and delete email on iPhone will it also delete from iPad.
3. Will apps already on iPhone automatically appear on iPad.

Going to get an iPad 3 as soon as released. Have some questions on how it will work with iPhone.
1. If I open email on iPhone will it show as open on iPad. Any diff on how non Apple email will work vs @me.com accounts.
2. If I read and delete email on iPhone will it also delete from iPad.
3. Will apps already on iPhone automatically appear on iPad.

I own an iPad and an iPhone, so let me see if I can help...

1) If you have a POP e-mail account open on either device, the other can't/won't open it; it'll error out. It works fine with Exchange or Gmail. Don't have an @me account, so I am not sure how that will work. Easy solution, though, to the error is to just close the account on the iDevice you're not using.

2) This will all depend on how you set up your e-mail. My Gmail account is "live" on both devices, so if I delete it from the phone, it'll be gone from the iPad. Again, this is done in each devices Mail settings.

3) Yes, with iOS 5, you can set up apps to auto-download to either device. This is a concious choice that you can configure for on or off. Just know that "on" means that all apps will download to the other device (as long as they are combatible). Plus, you can always use iTunes or the App Store to get apps as, once you've bought them (and if they are universal), you can put them on either or both devices. Just note that some apps are iPhone or iPad only. If that is the case, you will have to buy them separately.

Hope this helps, some.

Marilyn

do you need two data plans or can you tether the two devices? I know it costs to tether but i think you will come out ahead if you have unlimited data on your iphone plan.

do you need two data plans or can you tether the two devices? I know it costs to tether but i think you will come out ahead if you have unlimited data on your iphone plan.

You can not purchase an iPhone without a data plan. You can purchase an iPad without a data plan. You can tether your iPhone to your iPad but there may be an additional charge unless you are jail broken.

Ok I am going to make jump to iPad. Debate is 16GB enough or do I need to move up to 32GB. I have over 400 pictures and about 120 apps on iPhone and have about 8GB left.

There's some question about whether 16 GB will be enough with retina display and the way apps are currently set up/ being coded to work on the new iPad. I have a 16 GB iPad2 that I was given as a gift and it's perfect for my needs but after reading about the problem previously mentioned I'd probably opt for a 32 GB iPad if I were to purchase one myself.

Guess the iPad and iPhone must compress pictures when it saves them???

I finally got my first IPad this past Friday. I have unlimited data on my IPhone. I know that There is a charge to use my IPhone as a mobile hotspot. Would there be any other charge if I do this to connect my IPad to the Internet?

Thanks

mwhartman said:
You can not purchase an iPhone without a data plan. You can purchase an iPad without a data plan. You can tether your iPhone to your iPad but there may be an additional charge unless you are jail broken.

Unless one purchases their phone other than a big retailer.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1