What's new

POP3 Email Problems After 6.1.3 Update

Puzzled

Reaction score
I updated my iPhone 5 to the 6.1.3 and now I have problems with the Pop3 emails. If I have the iPad 2 email open the emails come on the iPad. Then when I am using the iPhone to access the emails, the emails I opened on the iPad will not appear in iPhone. It did not work this way before.

try different mails between iPod and iPhone, I mean each mail per device
not 1mail on 2devices

I updated my iPhone 5 to the 6.1.3 and now I have problems with the Pop3 emails. If I have the iPad 2 email open the emails come on the iPad. Then when I am using the iPhone to access the emails, the emails I opened on the iPad will not appear in iPhone. It did not work this way before.

Check your POP mail settings. You may have it set to delete from the server after mail is downloaded to either device. Then, since its deleted, it won't be available to download to the other.

Marilyn

Well, Mickey330, I figured it out Friday evening. When it updated, the settings were changed. I did not change them. I have always had my email set on the iPad and iPhone to never delete because if I am away from home and taking a quick peak I don't want the emails deleted, and I keep emails that are confirmations or other records until I no longer need them; so I never have it set to delete. I delete when I log into my server. I know I did not change it because all I did in settings was the update.

I checked other things and found the Apps store was turned on also. I have my restrictions set and the add and delete apps is always disabled and they were enabled after the update. Sure glad it didn't change my code for the restrictions. On the iPad, it was only the email setting for deleting emails, but my iPhone it was the apps restriction, also. Next update, I will have to keep an eye on those things. That never happened to me before.

Thanks, everyone.