What's new

Printing from iPhone iPad

azonie

Reaction score
I have iPhone now and looking to get iPad and want to be able to print from both. Tried Printmagic. Worked ok at first ( can't print directly from email) but stopped working altogether.
Want to be able to print to wifi printer just like from laptop

Any suggestions??

I have iPhone now and looking to get iPad and want to be able to print from both. Tried Printmagic. Worked ok at first ( can't print directly from email) but stopped working altogether.
Want to be able to print to wifi printer just like from laptop

Any suggestions??

You need a compatible air print printer. Apple website has the printers that are compatible over wifi.

iHolophyte

I did get an AirPrint printer Epson NX 430.

Works good but did notice when I print from email on iPhone it feeds through a blank page 1st.

Anyone know how to get the blank page feed to stop??

I downloaded an extension to my MacBook Pro that lets me print from an iTouch/Pad/Phone to my non-AirPrint network printer (Brother 2170W). The trouble is that it's been a while since I've used it, and now I can't find it, and I can't remember the name.......

Found it: HandyPrint (formerly Net Print Activator): handyPrint (AirPrint Activator) « Netputing

Note that your computer must be running for this to work, as the HandyPrint runs on it and acts as an intermediary to connect the AirPrint on the iDevice to your wireless printer.

Last edited:
I downloaded an extension to my MacBook Pro that lets me print from an iTouch/Pad/Phone to my non-AirPrint network printer (Brother 2170W). The trouble is that it's been a while since I've used it, and now I can't find it, and I can't remember the name.......

I have been using HandyPrint (handyPrint (AirPrint Activator) « Netputing) since its very early days. Works perfectly on my iMac with a Canon 900D printer.

depending on the make of your printer you can get various apps for them such as hp eprint
or if there isnt one for your printer
yu can try print n share
this should allow you to print to a non airprint printer as far as i know

On the Epson NX430 how can I elect to print in grayscale vs color

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the Senior Geezer ... new to this forum ... just trying to stay on top of this new technology by making my first post. Thanks for your postings. They are helpful.

I downloaded and got installed. And got printer registered with cloud print. But when I try to sign in says wrong email address. Used email it said I registered with.

I downloaded and got installed. And got printer registered with cloud print. But when I try to sign in says wrong email address. Used email it said I registered with.

Hmm that's weird. I just tried mine and it logged me right in. I set mine up a few years back so I don't remember exactly how its done but once u log in it should tell u there. I know the printer has to use the same wireless network that your iphone does. If u can't log in I'd email the customer support for that site and they should be able to reset the email issue for you. The app is fairly good once it's all set up and I haven't had to redo anything since.

You can print from iPhones and iPads via wifi with an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. It works beautifully.

I have iPhone now and looking to get iPad and want to be able to print from both. Tried Printmagic. Worked ok at first ( can't print directly from email) but stopped working altogether. Want to be able to print to wifi printer just like from laptop Any suggestions??
I'm able to print from my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4th Gen. on a regular.