What's new

HOW-TO: Print from your iPhone

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
4-best-apps-for-printing-from-iphone.png

I recently had someone ask me if I knew how to print from an iPhone, and my response was... well, I'm sure you can. And then I realized I had no idea how. So, to everyone who wonders about this, I’ve decided to show you how to print from an iPhone.

The first thing you’ll need to do is to make sure your printer is AirPrint-enabled. AirPrint is the technology Apple uses to easily print photos and documents straight from an Apple device or computer. If you’re not sure if your printer is AirPrint-enabled, click here to see a list of AirPrint-enabled printers. If your printer is NOT AirPrint-enabled, skip the next couple of paragraphs to the “Don’t have an AirPrint-enabled printer?” section of this article, and then return here:

If your printer has the AirPrint technology, here are your next steps.

1. Open the app that has the photo or document you’d like to print. There should be a ‘print’ option somewhere, either after you tap the Share (
yosemite-preview-share-inline_icon-en.png
) icon, or possibly the Settings (
ios8-gear_settings-inline_icon-en.png
) icon.
2. Tap Print (
yosemite-print-inline_icon-en.png
).
ios-7-dialog-box.jpg

3. Choose an AirPrint-enabled printer
4. Choose the number of copies
iphone6-ios8-photos-select_print.png

5. Tap Print.

It’s possible that you wont see your printer here. If this is the case, make sure your iPhone and your printer are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Don’t have an AirPrint-enabled printer?
The way to circumvent this is to download an app that will trick your iPhone into thinking that your Printer has the AirPrint technology by going through a computer.

Use O’Print if you have Windows, and try HandyPrint if you have a Mac.

Either of these apps will show you a list of printers that are installed on your Mac or PC. Select the printer you want to print from. Now try to print, using the steps listed above.

Happy Printing.