What's new

iPad 2 Jailbreak LEAKED JailbreakMe.com 3.0 Unofficial Release (Not From Comex)

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiAU3mK_pXg]YouTube - ‪JailbreakMe 3.0 iPad 2 Jailbreak Leaked‬‏[/ame]​

This morning one of the beta testers for @comex's iPad 2 Jailbreak using a userland exploit leaked what was a beta build of what is to be JailbreakMe.com 3.0. This is the Jailbreak many have been waiting for to Jailbreak their iPad 2's for the first time. The video(posted below) showed an easy process of just tapping a link on a page in Mobile Safari and Cydia would start downloading on your homescreen. JailbreakMe 3.0 should work for most devices(including iPad 2) on Firmwares 4.2.1-4.3.3. Once again a really nice an easy Jailbreak by Comex and the Dev Team, at least this can give us a preview of what is to come. It is recommended to stay away from anything until an official release is out.

Keep checking back here for the latest news on the release.

Leak video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-u2ukWWd6A]YouTube - ‪How to Jailbreak iPad 2 WITH LINK!!!‬‏[/ame]

you cant trust any one these days.... watch it get patched before 5.0 release

This is bad news for anyone wanting an easy ios 5 jailbreak. Even on the new iPhone on day of release...

You should see how comex replied on Twitter and muscle nerd.. The guy who leaked it got less praise then he expected

I'm not surprised. Lol. What was said...?

MuscleNerd MuscleNerd
bizarre...the leakers seem confused why they're not being cheered for "releasing" @comex's not-even-ready jailbreak

comex comex
I could be wrong about the dictionary attack. don't really care.

comex comex
Congratulations, some **** used a dictionary attack(?) to leak a buggy version and put me on a useless time limit.

those are the nicer tweets ;p

I'll be waiting for the official release.....

@comex

I will also, i dont want to use some buggy version, plus the final release will be slide to unlock and work better...

some person tried to be cleaver and thought people would praise him or get some cash out of it by releasing the ipad 2 jailbreak early, instead people hate the leaker

I'll need to loom for some of the not so nice ones then. Lol

I'm not surprised everyone hates the leaker. I'm sure apple will be an exception. Lol. There were a few reasons why the jailbreak wasn't released yet. Main one being that we were waiting on a public iOS 5/iPhone 5. Now it's bound to be patched before the end of the betas...