What's new

iOS14.5.1 and Power Drain

NSquirrel

Reaction score
A new iOS system update and there are often postings about increased or abnormal power drain, so here is another one.

Both my wife and I on our iPhone 8's and iPad have noticed that since 14.5 or possibly 14.5.1 battery drain seems to have become quite excessive and often while simply when the devices are not being used.

I don't think that we have done anything abnormal - pretty well always at home, always within our home wifi network; nothing knowingly left running in the background except automatic app updates on my wife's phone, and mail on all 3 devices. As it is common to all 3 and very recent, I think that I can rule out the batteries.

Anyone else experiencing or observing this?

I have three devices running iOS 14.5.1 and the batteries don’t seem to drain any more than usual.

Thanks for above replies; perhaps just us

I've got an iPhone 11 and the wife has my old iPhone 7. I keep both phones updated within a day or two of a new iOS release. I've not seen any change in battery life on either phone. The first few days following the update battery life takes a hit because of playing with all the new bells and whistles, however, after that battery life has proven to be as good or slightly better than before the updates.